Hey everyone -

I'd like to get some advice from all of you. I'm currently a student, working in my 180s. I know I still have a little while before I have to make an official decision, but it's still fun to dream. I'm unsure of whether I want to work in court or do depositions. My dilemna is this: So far, I really think my passion is for court, particularly criminal court. However, my husband and I would like to start working on having children once I graduate and I'm concerned about not having the time to be home and raise a family.

My original thought was that I should be a freelance reporter, so I can have a more flexible schedule once we do have children, because I would like to be home with them and I don't really know anyone right now who would be able to help me care for a baby.

Basically I'm just really confused. I don't know if maybe I should start out in court since that's what I think I would enjoy most anyway, and just deal with the baby situation when the time comes, or if it would be better to start off freelance so I can get used to it before we do have children.

So, what am I trying to get at, here? :) What's your thought on this? Has anyone started out in court and gone to freelance, and how was the transition? Or, has anyone started out in freelance and gone to court and how was that transition?

Maybe I'm making a moutain out of a molehill, but I think I'd feel better if I was a little more sure of what I want to do with my career. Thanks for any advice anyone has for me.

Dana

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks! I appreciate your opinion. That is one thing that does attract me to court - seeing the same people on a regular basis and actually building relationships with them. I'm starting to think that I may start out in court, then deal with the baby thing when the time comes.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service