Hello! I am a working court reporter looking to transition into broadcast captioning. If any of you out there happen to be a captioner or maybe know one, I would appreciate it if you could give me some advice on how I can successfully transition into captioning. Thanks!

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, Kayla!

I am a captioner and I would be happy to answer any questions you think of.
I wrote a little article about my transition to captioning on Glen Warner's Web site, www.cheapandsleazy.net
I think most of what it says is pretty much what I would still say, so if you read it and want to follow up with any Qs, just email me at jilldmail@gmail.com!

:D
Thanks, Jill! I sent you an email! I appreciate your willingess to answer my questions!
Hi Kayla!
One big task to make the transition from reporter to captioner is getting your dictionary ready for prime time. I'd recommend checking out www.dictionaryjumpstart.com. Anissa, who developed the program, is a captioner, and she can talk to you about what you need to do.

There's a broadcast captioning group on yahoo you could check out as well. Good luck!
Julie
Julie,
Thanks for repsonding and for the advice. I have checked out the dictionary jumpstart program and it seems like it would definitely help! Thanks for taking the time to share this info with me!
Kayla

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service