Welcome to CSR Nation
I need help after being forced to do an update on Windows 10! My microphone is not being recognized now and won't record. argh! I went in to settings and it's listed as a current device. I am on Winner 2017. It gives an error code that no formatting was chosen to record...? I called ProCat, and OF COURSE they want $75 (not on support and refuse to be now) just to give me an easy fix. The support guy even said it was an easy fix. In my opinion, this sort of thing is a glitch that IS in their control seeing how they decided they just had to be compatible and we were "encouraged" to be on Windows 10, yet their software undoes everything with the update. I am not happy with them AT ALL, especially after buying the new Xpression and having multiple problems with it. ANYWAY, if anyone has any ideas how I can fix this, please contact me. I'm desperate!
Did you contact your tech support? I had so many problems with Windows 10 locking up in realtime jobs that I went back to Windows 7 when out in the field.
Bummer about the $75 fee ProCAT Support wants for an "easy fix" ... but if you were to take that as a hint, the first thing I would do would be to locate a new driver for that microphone and install it -- *AFTER* saving a copy of the driver on a flash drive, DropBox, or something. That way, you will have ready-access to the file should the same thing happen with the next Windows forced update (silly policy, by the way, but that's just my opinion!).
If you need help finding the driver, you might try a quick Google search for the model of mic you have, and see what comes up. Something like this one:
"Mickey Mouse USB Microphone" "driver" "stopped working after Windows 10 update"
Naturally, you'll want to adjust the "Mickey Mouse" bit to reflect the actual name of the microphone, but that should get you to where you need to be.
Well, I updated the driver and still nothing. I'm going to end up having to pay -- it's actually $85! And it really pisses me off.
I TURNED OFF my Windows updater on 10. Well, you can't actually turn them off, so I basically disconnected it from being able to get updates. So happy I did that. I will turn them on maybe every 3 or 4 months and let it run over a weekend and then make sure everything works. It's the only way to deal with their updates. I did that all through my years with Windows 7. On 7 you could choose "never check for updates" and then I'd do them every 3 or 4 months. And I would manually let in the updates that were over a month old only so they could fix any bugs.