Is there an app or some aspect of the iPhone that's helped you in your work, share it here.

Views: 314

Replies to This Discussion

I just discovered that you can email these recordings from the iPhone, but you can only email 2MB with the free Lite version. With the premium, you can email 5MB. An all-day depo can be 50 to 500 MB, so it doesn't really help us get the files to our scopist. I just upload them to my laptop (which is done wirelessly between your iPhone and your laptop) and send them through YouSendIt.com. I bought an account through them which is about $120 a year. The free sites would give me troubles occasionally, so I finally bit the bullet and bought an account.
Marla,

Have you used the new recording thing that's available now with the update?

It shows up on your iPhone as a big microphone with a reddish background and it's called Voice Memos.

I never did get the other one to work. Have you used this one?
I've used Voice Memos, but not for a long depo. I'm wondering if it would limit you to size or length. Would be interesting to find out. I'm surprised you couldn't get iTalk to work. That's too bad. It's been really easy to use, with a pause button to push, too...or if you shut it off, it could pick right back up, appending.
I think the Voice Memos is an improvement on the iTalk. I don't think there's a limit on time of recording.

I've gotten the Voice Memos to work. I just can't get the files off my phone onto my computer.
Nope, I never have used the new Voice Memos. It might work just fine. I don't know how long of a recording you can do on it.

Do you want me to help troubleshoot with you and get iTalk working?
I think I got the iTalk to work. Just couldn't get the file off my phone onto the computer.

Same with the Voice Memos.
Yes, can you help me get the file off my iPhone onto the computer?
you need to go back to the apps and DL the iTalkSync for your computer, which will sync with your iPhone after iTun gets thru sync'ing. It's very easy.

DL free here:

http://www.italksync.com/

If you DL CrossLoop (another freebie), I can follow you on your computer remotely to show you how to use it...very simple. I can call you at a phone not your cell to talk to you on this.

You can use this program to also DL other files.
I would really appreciate your help remotely. Let me run deliver a tript and then maybe we can do this in about two hours? Sound okay with you?
sounds great. send me a number at my e-mail
w o k i e b e a r at aol.com
(without the spaces, of course)
Hey, posted that that would be fine...but must not have hit Add Reply. I'm going to go get a pizza, be back in 45. Just be ready by going and DL'ing CrossLoop.com (a freefie) and DL the iTalkSync I put in up above. It will take less than five. Send me a number not your cell I can talk to you at w o k i e b e a r at aol.com (of course, w/out the spaces). this will be fun and easy-peasy.
Wow, I had never thought of using my iPhone to record the depo as a backup recording device. Q: What happens when a call comes in over the iPhone while it's recording a depo? Does it ring/vibrate? Does the recording get interrupted?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service