Is there an app or some aspect of the iPhone that's helped you in your work, share it here.

Views: 314

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you so much.
Well, I downloaded the iTalk and the iTalkSync to my computer. And I have my cord to attach my iPhone to my computer. What do I do afte I attach it? How do I get the iTalk to go on the phone? Sorry to be so dense.
Well, I downloaded the iTalk and the iTalkSync to my computer. And I have my cord to attach my iPhone to my computer. What do I do after I attach it? How do I get the iTalk to go on the phone? Sorry to be so dense.
You don't have to have your phone attached with the cable to your computer just to record. I attach it just for power if I know I'm going to be recording for a few hours.

To record, just open the iTalk application on the iPhone. Either press the big red "press to record" button or give it a name first by clicking on the blank box under "recording name."

To stop recording, hit the now green button and give it a name if you haven't already. Then hit "done" in the bottom right. If you don't hit "done," I think it deletes the recording. Not sure.

To download it to your computer, open iTalk Sync on your computer (start menu, programs, Griffin Technology, iTalk Sync. I can never remember "Griffin," so I created a shortcut in my Start menu for it. Just right click on the icon and drag it to your start menu.

Start iTalk Sync on your computer (should say "looking for iPhones).
Start the iTalk application on the iPhone.
Click "iPhone" in the iTalk Sync on your computer.
Click "yes" to accept on the iPhone.
And it should show you the files available on your iPhone for downloading to your computer.

Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!
Thanks. I'll try all this and report back.
Hi there! Well, I got everything dowloaded and recorded a test file on my iPhone.

When I sync up with the iSync program, it's telling me I have to be on a Wi-Fi connection to do that. Do you use the Wi-Fi connection.

I usually use my AT&T air card but it won't work with that.

Also, I called Griffin Support and they said I have to use Wi-Fi. Is that right?
I imagine Griffin would know more than I would about whether it needs WiFi. I would think your AT&T air card should do the trick, though. Why don't you call AT&T or Apple and ask them. They might tell you to call the app mfr.

When I'm uploading the audio files I've created to my computer, I'm at home, and we have AT&T wireless. Sorry I can't help any more. Let us know if you get it resolved.
Oh, that helps. I have AT&T wireless at home. I'll try that and see.
Wynne -- you don't have to have it connected WiFi to do the iTalkSync. I use the cable because it's faster. Plug in your iPhone to do your usual iTune sync. Wait until the sync is thru. THEN click on iTalkSync. You will see the file then listed there. Click on the file to highlight it. Then hit the download button. Follow the directions to indicate where to DL it to. You may have to click on the Browse button to choose your spot. Simple.
Hey Marla Girl! Do you use the recording quality of "good," "better" or "best"?
Hey, Wendy woman! I've tried good and better but haven't had the guts to try best. I imagine best eats up more memory. But the good and better recordings have really been great. I can keep several all-day depos on my iPhone till I dump and delete them. I'm religious about using it as a backup now since it saved my butt when my machine AND computer both froze up and I lost the last five minutes of testimony. My iPhone recording saved the day (or, rather, my career).
I don't have an Iphone, but I'm very seriously thinking about getting one. If you have recorded the whole job, can you then e-mail it to a scopist via the Iphone or do you have to do it via T2, etc? Just curious whether you would need an aircard, etc.

Thanks,
Tricia

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service