I don't remember it being a code/reg that we, as court reporters, are required to keep time. Isn't it technically the lawyers' job to do this, since they are the ones required to abide by it? I had an attorney tell me it's "my job" to do so; I beg to differ. Am I wrong? I despise keeping time. :/

Views: 646

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I do a lot of deps where I'm asked to keep track of time.  I'm not techie, and this works for me.  I write down the start and stop times on a piece of paper.  I just search my transcript for the times we go on and off the record and write it down.  Then I use a program to add the times for me, because I really suck at adding times!  Takes 5 minues if you keep up on it and then the attorneys are happy.

Jut pick the calculator you want on this site for adding time. Works for me. 

http://www.calculatehours.com/Time_Calculator.html

Thanks, Bobbie Jo (love your name, btw). Now that I've discovered that Eclipse keeps time excellently, it's a nonissue. However, I will pass on this time calculator to my parents, who can use it to add up their employees' time cards. I bet my dad would sure appreciate it!

Definitely the videographer's job when we are there :) 

Timers were the best thing ever invented for us from Stenograph.  Such a time saver!  my understanding in Texas the attorneys are to keep track of their time.  I do it as a courtesy bc I have the software.  NOW if they want me to add from day one to the next, I just give them the times bc my math skills STINK!

Anyone on Procat know how to do this?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service