Post your medical questions here. We've all been there. You think you know what you're doing after so many years of reporting, and then - blammo - up comes a medical word you've never heard of. Happens to me more than I'd like to admit.

Views: 422

Replies to This Discussion

Q.  Okay.  And are there parameters within which you use tPA?

A.  Yes.

Q.  Could you tell us what those are?

A.  Patients have to have blood pressure under control, E KOSE under control, no recent history of trauma.

Anybody have any idea what E KOSE is supposed to be? 

Judy

Hi Judy, I tried Googling and looked up EKOS and EGOs, a few things came up with tPA, but could it be "echos," like her echocardiograms had to be under control?  Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!   Good luck!

Hmm.  I'll have to think about the "echos" as in echocardiogram.  They're talking about administering tPA after a stroke.  And unfortunately I believe my witness recently had a stroke, so his speech was a bit off. 

Thank you for your suggestions.  Much appreciated.

Judy

I need help with a term that the witness used.  I can't find it anywhere, so I think she must be confusing it with something else.

"I guess it's called ***juven*** syndrome.  They said that I was holding the steering wheel too tight.  And so I didn't think I had any injuries after the accident, but then, you know, after a while, like maybe a day or so, my hand was hurting.  And it didn't go away after a couple of weeks. So, when I went back to see the doctors at my college campus, they said that oh, it's ***juven syndrome.  Apparently if you hold the steering wheel too tight when you're hitting somebody, then you may kind of get like a juven's sprain or some sort of sprain, so I had a couple of physical therapy treatments."

I'm wondering if this is short for "juvenile."  She is saving it phonetically as jew-ven.

A witness was talking about treatment she had received, including acupuncture, physical therapy and something that sounded like "Moxy"

Anyone know this?  Thanks

My guess is "moxi," short for "moxibustion."  It is derived from "moxa acupuncture" but the name of the actual procedure is "moxibustion."

Thanks!

bloodborne?  1 or 2 words?  "E" at the end or not?  Thanks, everyone

blood-borne

Thanks, LeAnne!

It sounded like the doctor said "French 'Ude' Catheter."  Any ideas on what Ude is? (Could it be a symbol?)

Hi, Lisa.  It's French coude catheter.  :-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service