Seeking a friendly court reporter that can mentor me. I've been working for 6 months as a freelance reporter and I don't know many people out in the field. Seeking a court reporter friend I can talk to and get advice from.

Views: 236

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm always willing to talk to new reporter.  Send me your phone and I'll call you and chat whenever you want.

Kyung

Same here.  My email is kellikellikay@aol.com.  I'll answer any questions you have.  There are tons of super smart, talented reporters here that will be willing to help you with any questions you have.  I remember being new and it's a scary, uncertain time.  Gets easier, I promise you.

Kelli,  I just recently retired (June 1) and have been reporting as an official

for 38 years.  I have never freelanced, but I'd be more than happy to mentor

you in court reporting.  If I can give you advice, I'd be more than happy to.

Ldyrptr@gmail.com   Linda Anderson

Thats is so cool. What court were you an official at?

Thank you! I really appreciate it!

Linda, I'm not the one to be mentored.  It's Crystal.  I've been a reporter for 25 years but thank you.  Crystal needs the help and is new.  I was offering to help as well.  I went as far to one student as to send her a copy of my license so she could tape it to her mirror in the morning so she could visually see what a license looked like so she could get there.  I want to help any way I can to any student that wants help.

Kelli,

Have you freelanced for 25 years? Your license? Haha that's cool.

Hi Crystal!   I would be delighted to be a mentor and share with you.   I am very recently retired as a freelance reporter (May 31).   I was a freelance reporter for 26 years, an agency owner, realtime reporter, and past president of my state association.   Reporting is a wonderful career, and you're smart to reach out to others.  It seems as if you have several offers here on your post, which makes me smile.   Court reporters are helpful like that.  

Best to you, and please feel free to contact me any time.

Karen Drinkard

karen@karendrinkardskincare.com

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service