Is this something new? I posted two replies yesterday and one today in response to existing threads here and both times got a message that my reply had to be approved. The two from yesterday finally showed up but the new reply hasn't.

I don't post often here, but this has only happened recently. Is this going to be the norm for all my messages? If so, I'm outta here.

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some people have decided to moderate their pages or their threads. So they have to review you post before they will allow it to post on their pages.

Some people also have their pages set to private so you can't leave comments on their page unless you request to be added as a friend.

People are worried about inappropriate remarks or something.

But a lot of profiles and posts and blogs are not moderated and you can post your comments or questions or replies w/out having to wait for a message approvial.

So it's all up to the individual.
Some people have decided to moderate their pages or their threads. So they have to review you post before they will allow it to post on their pages.>>

Kyung,

Thanks for the info. There should be something in the FAQ section about this because it is a little frustrating to take the time to reply to someone and then get that message.

Karen
Hi Karen,

That's annoying, isn't it? I ran into the same thing. I was trying to help someone by answering a question, and it wouldn't post.

Janet
I agree. Very annoying! I went ahead and kept posting to one blog just because I was interested, but as a general rule, I avoid those who must screen posts. This is a private site, for crying out loud! If someone does post something "offensive," it can be removed easily. It's not like the rest of those reading it will think it reflects on the original poster.

I don't see the point. I find it very off-putting.
I agree. Very annoying! I went ahead and kept posting to one blog just because I was interested, but as a general rule, I avoid those who must screen posts. This is a private site, for crying out loud! If someone does post something "offensive," it can be removed easily. It's not like the rest of those reading it will think it reflects on the original poster.'>>

Hey Bren,

What's most annoying is you get the message AFTER you've gone through the bother and taken the time to post a message. "Off-putting" -- that's a good way to say it.

Karen
That's annoying, isn't it? I ran into the same thing. I was trying to help someone by answering a question, and it wouldn't post.'>>

Janet,

I'll say! It was very hard "taking a deep breath and being nice" after getting that message

Thanks for responding. It really helps to know it's not just me!

Karen
Thanks, Karen, for the heads-up. I was wondering why my post would not show up when I was responding to a blog topic about proofing with a Kindle.

Now I know!

I did not know that when creating a blog that settings such as this could be done.

It is disappointing to take the time to respond and then not see it show up in the blog. :(
It is disappointing to take the time to respond and then not see it show up in the blog. :(>>

For sure, Jennie!

I thank all of you who I just responded to in this thread. Didn't get that message at all, so obviously none of you have your preferences set that way!

Karen
Thanks for the additional info, Allison.

Maybe Monti or Kelli will add it to the FAQ page.
Hello,
this can ONLY be done on blogs, blogs are more for personal opinions.
the discussion board can NOT be set to accept comments.

let me see what i can do about this... cause i agree that it is extremely freaking annoying.
Thanks for checking into it, Monti.
(Glad to see you back too!)
Karen,

I think you ran into certain members' pages who have "approve messages" as an option. I hate it myself. Something about being a court reporter and wanting to perhaps proof (even if it is ever so slightly) what we write may be the "problem" that we have with this setup??

Another thing I hate about this setup is you don't know of the setting until you write a message and it disappears into the unknown.

I have voiced my disapproval to a couple of the members who have this setting. One student was very receptive, understood my position, and quickly (nicely) removed the setting from her page. The other reporter lit into me and told me I was rude, mean, blah, blah, blah, because I told her it made me think of things such as what she has to hide, like not paying a scopist, etc. -- not that that was a factual scenario, but one that ran through my head as perhaps a reason why a reporter would have an "approve message" setting.

I personally will not comment on a member that I know has a private page, but I know I have at least one existing friend who has her page private. I had no idea as she's my friend and her page never came up "private" with me. I just happened to vent to her about that sinking feeling of messages having to be approved and what I thought about private pages.

Anyway, don't give up. I think most of us do not have either setting, and this is really just too great a place to give up over that.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service