I am Jerry Lefler.  27 years ago I created the Digitext theory and translation logic, as well as the first fully electronic hall-effect keyboard, which Stenograph and the other vendors have just now started copying, only 27 years later!  Here is a picture of latest unit I am starting to market.  The keyboard is a fully electronic hall-effect keyboard, with the ability to adjust the "registration" point of each key electronically (no more wheels or screws).  This is by far the smoothest keyboard on the market, with the capability to adjust the stroke depth to 1/4 inch.   It interfaces to the onboard 10-inch netbook which runs whatever software you want (CaseCat, Eclipse, ProCAT)  Stenovation's DigitaCat is what is running on display units.  Now you can edit on the fly in your own CAT software as you write, not some scaled down limited version. This unit has full Windows, web camera, 2 available USB ports, internal/external microphone (No need really for external mics) wireless connectivity, SD card, battery operation, and everything you could want in a system, all for just $2,495!!!  This unit blows away anything on the market today, and is in use by reporters and captioners alike.   If anyone wants more information, you can contact me at leflerjp@yahoo.com and I'd be glad to give you more information, pics, etc. 

Views: 861

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How long has your writer been on the market?  I wish there was a way to get a feel for it.  Do you attend the NCRA convention?  It's great to see competition in the writer market.  That's something we've lacked for a long time. 

Is the netbook required for operation of the writer or can it be used like a traditional writer?

Hi, Janet.  Yes, the netbook is attached to the writer (part of the purchase price) and when combined with the "keyboard" component makes up the writer.  In the event of a problem, the netbook can be switched out at any time.  That's one of the unique features of the system.   The "keyboard" component is extremely reliable (no touch parts) and communicates and gets its power through the USB connection.  The keyboard itself has been in existence and use since 1985, believe it or not.  Stenograph Diamante and Impression from Procat both now used the hall-effect concept.  Just took them a little while to catch on, I guess.  Obvioulsy, once you load the CAT software you want to used onto the system, then that vendor would support the software.  The writer emulates the Flashwriter output for compatibility with the different CAT software.  You just select Flashwriter and COMM 5 and you're off and running.

I am doing limited marketing right now to get a few units into user's hands for feedback and testimonials at $2,495.  Price will be $3,495 when I go into full marketing.   There is a full money-back 30 day guarantee so users can try the unit.  I have attached a couple more pics for you.  Unit is 12x10x3 inches tall and completely eliminates the need for all the "extra" cabling and computer, etc.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for your interest, Jerry Lefler CSR RPR CRR CM

Attachments:

Is the laptop actually attached to the writer?  Can the laptop be switched out for another laptop, say if the existing laptop died?

Hi, Judy.  Yes, the laptop is attached to the writer (part of the purchase price) and can be switched out at any time.  That's one of the unique features of the system.   The "keyboard" component is extremely reliable (no touching parts) and communicates and gets its power through the USB connection.  The keyboard itself has been in existence and use since 1985, believe it or not.  Stenograph Diamante and Impression from Procat both now use the hall-effect concept.  Just took them a little while to catch on, I guess.  Once you load the CAT software you want to used onto the system, then that vendor would support the software.  The writer emulates the Flashwriter output for compatibility with the different CAT software.  You just select Flashwriter and COMM 5 and you're off and running.

I am doing limited marketing right now to get a few units into user's hands for feedback and testimonials at $2,495.  Price will be $3,495 when I go into full marketing.   There is a full money-back 30 day guarantee so users can try the unit.  I have attached a couple more pics for you.  Unit is 12x10x3 inches tall and completely eliminates the need for all the "extra" cabling and computer, etc.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for your interest, Jerry Lefler CSR RPR CRR CM

Attachments:

Jerry, How much does it weigh?

Judy, the total weight is 7.5 pounds, with 3-4 hour battery, a little more with 6-8 hour battery.

Jerry, can I attach any laptop to the writer?  If I wanted to attach my Sony, could I do it?

How much does this writer weigh?  How shallow are the key strokes?  As shallow as at least the Diamante will go?

Kerry, unit weight 7.5 with 3-4 hour battery, a little more with 6-8 hour.  Depth of stroke can be adjuted to go to virutally nothing; although as with any system, the shorter the stroke, the more you leave yourself open to "stacking" possibility, depending on the person using the unit.  Also, I personally find you need some key travel for the "feel."

Make sense?  Thanks, Jerry

Judy, you could attach any computer.  Just that 10-inch fits the top of the housing perfectly.  Larger computer would just protrude over edges, of course.  Jery

Thanks, Jerry. 

One more question.  Is your design set up so that the reporter would unhook the laptop and scope/proof/finish the transcript on THAT laptop, or is it designed to transfer your files to another laptop?  I guess the real question is:  How easy is it to unhinge the laptop from the writer?  Is it just a push and a click type of thing, or is it more like getting a screwdriver and working at separating the two?

Judy

The way I use the unit is I edit on the system itself while at the job, scan untrans, edit flagged areas, etc.  That way, most dictionary updates are then on the writer itself with no need to transfer dictionaries, etc.  Plus, I get most of my work done at the job during breaks, dead time, etc.  Then at the end of the job I simply transfer the file(s) to the SD card of USB thumbdrive and transfer to my larger computer at home for full editing and finalizing transcript.  These files would be in your actual CAT software format so you don't loose anything on the transfer, audio, edits all transfer over.  You don't detach the unit for editing; only would do so if netbook had a problem and you wanted to replace it. 

Also, the system can be set up so that it simply acts as a "writer" and interfaces with a separate computer via USB for translation, which kind of defeats the purpose but can be done.  Hope that answers your question.  Thanks, Jerry

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service