Can anyone tell me if they charge for a pdf file when the atty. requests it in addition to the transcript? If so, I have no clue what to charge. This is an overnight depo. with a pdf file to the atty. when transcript is finished and the transcript before trial at 8:00 a.m. the next morning. Appreciate your response. Jadajean

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jadajean,

I'm probably in the minority when it comes to a pdf file order. But if I understand what you've written, the pdf is just a second copy of the original transcript. The agency I work for charges $.70 (70 cents) per page on a second order for one attorney.

Bubbie Karen
I'd treat it as an extra copy and charge for it.
I have a large client that wants their electronic version in PDF format instead of ascii. They hate ascii. Here in So Cal when the client is paying for the 0&1 they get an ascii and a mini with it at no extra charge. So I do not charge this client extra for PDF.
I know many large firms (800 firms, as, I believe, they're often referred to now) just throw this on the CD that's that included with every transcript, and they charge nothing for it. It's treated as a "value added" item.

Doesn't mean that you have to do the same, though.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service