I have a student who had attended the Trinity Business College in San Francisco about 20 years ago.  We are searching for a dictionary for her or even theory books or the name of the theory taught at that school.  Please let me know if you have any information.

Views: 1114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Katherine,

I would suggest that you send an email blast message to all the members of the Court Reporters group.

Here is a link, http://csrnation.ning.com/group/courtreporters.

If you are a member of one of the California groups, you could try sending out a blast email there.  I would try the Court Reporters Group first.  

Thank you, Janice, I will try that.

I appreciate your thoughts.  I have been teaching the same theory for over 15 years and wholeheartedly feel it is a very good theory.  That being said, if we can start with what she remembers and build on that, I have found it is much less confusing for people coming back in.  I have seen both sides and those who try to overturn everything they learned end up confused as to what they should write and most often get stuck and end up quitting.  I am willing to work with students to assist them in becoming very good court reporters, not in seeing only a select few suffer through and eventually maybe make it.  It doesn't hurt to try to assist the students in this way.

If you have been teaching the theory, then don't you know the name of it?   I may have an old book, although I didn't go to Trinity.  I guess I don't understand why you are asking for the name if you taught it for 20 years.

I teach a different kind of theory.  This student is returning and we are trying to find out if we can find a dictionary/theory book so we can see what is different.

I don't have an answer for you as to Trinity's theory, but here are the names of some. Perhaps, if you read them to the student, s/he may remember/recognize the name.

StarTran Theory

StenEd Theory

Phoenix Theory (most likely)

StenoMaster/MagnumTheory

Robert, Walsh and Gonzalez Theory

Digitext Theory

Academy of Court Reporting Theory

Bryan College Theory

RealWrite Theory

Stenotypy Theory

Berry H. Horne Theory

Touch Shorthand

Philadelphia Clinic

Moody Method

National Court Reporting Systems

Realwrite Realtime

Realtime Reporting and Captioning Theory

Write Way

The Steno Way

I learned Computer Compatible Stenograph Theory, I believe.

I'm putting my money on Phoenix theory that s/he learned at Trinity. My second-best guess is StarTran.

Thank you.  I will pass that on to her.  I appreciate the info.

Thanks, Chris.  I couldn't agree more and will work with her to update as much as possible.  Appreciate your responses.

Thanks, Emily.  We will check that out.

It was. I attended Trinity then.

When I attended Trinity in mid-'90s it was Computer Shorthand: Theory and Transcription, by Roberts, Walsh and Gonzalez

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service