Just wondering what anyone thinks about an agency requiring all transcripts to be turned in to them within five business days?  Isn't that a bit quick if you're backed up?

Thanks

Views: 938

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Five-day turnaround is absolutely an expedite, and I would never turn the job in "for free" at five days for any firm.  I'd rather just not take the job.  You should tell the firm that hired you that they should have fully disclosed that requirement to you before you accepted the job.  THEREFORE, I would insist on a 60% expedite fee if they want that five-day turnaround and get that in writing and/or the check first and make sure it clears -- and never work for them again.  Seems crooked and slimy to me that they didn't tell you that from the get-go.

Okay, now they are saying if I don't have the job in in five days, they doc 5% more off and the rates they're paying me are less than what I normally charge, which is based on the average

rates in my area where I live.  So what do I do, make the rest of the transcripts COD?

absolutely ridiculous!   This isn't one of those national firms, is it?    I would turn in the jobs, late or not, and then never work for this firm again.
No, it's not a national firm, per se.............but I don't want to be docked for it not being turned in in five days.

Well, if you can get it in on time, go ahead and get it in if that's what you really want to do, but at this point, I would be very concerned about them ever paying you at all, even after you've turned it in.  Did you already tell them you want an expedited rate?  I think you've got grounds to withhold the transcript for regular turnaround, and if they dock your pay, I'd take them to small claims court.  But that's just me -- I fight for principle.

I would like to know what firm it is.  Please e-mail me: qdcsr@aol.com

I don't see how they can dock your pay if they didn't tell you their policy before you took the job.  I hope everything turns out okay - boy, what a hassle!  

Five-day delivery is requiring you to turn a transcript around in an expedited time without paying you for it.  Plain and simple.  Those agencies asking for seven-day turnaround are pretty much asking the same thing.  Unless you're desperate for work, I'd decline work from them. 

It's going in in six business days with the holiday...........they seem willing to work with me, billing person said she'd ask management what they could do so we'll see.  Another thing that's weird is they deduct an additional 25 cents a page on the third copy or any copies beyond the orig. & 2.   No, wasn't told any of this at all before accepting the jobs

If you want to work for them again, send a letter with your rate sheet and say on any future jobs you will only work for them at your rates, which means an expedite for 5 days. Get it in writing that they agree to this too.   I haven't always asked all the details before accepting a job from a firm, usually just page rate, but after your experience, now I will be asking for a rate sheet and turnaround times.

[[  deduct an additional 25 cents a page on the third copy or any copies beyond the orig. & 2 ]]

So they bill their clients and pay you on the first two copy sales but anything beyond that, they bill their client and pay you a smaller percentage.  That is some nerve.  I'd never accept that.  Rate sheet needs to have every detail and they need to sign it indicating that they will comply with the entire sheet.   Page rate is not nearly enough to agree on prior to a job.  Too many scenarios can present themselves.  Food me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  

Okay.  I can't stand it any longer.  Who in the hell is this agency?  I gotta know!

No names.............I think probably a decent size agency that does some national/out-of-state work.  Just let this be a lesson to all.........more things to ask before taking work for someone.

I'm sure they will pay timely and all, just don't like some of their policies.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service