Can anyone that's using any type of USB mic tell me if they've ever had a problem with the mic stopping recording?  And you already have the power setting changed on your USB ports to stay on all the time.

Thanks.

Views: 564

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is another section that may be timing out your USB ports besides the tweaking you can do in Device Manager for those ports.

In Control Panel, click on Power Options (Win7 and 8).  Click on your current active Power Plan by clicking Change Plan Settings.  In the next menu/window, click on Change Advanced Power Settings.  Scroll down until you see USB Settings.  Click on the + sign to the left to expand it.  Then again hit the + sign to expand USB selective suspend settings.  If it's Enabled on both of these choices (plugged in and battery), Click on the blue highlighted Enabled word, Click on the down arrow key that then shows up, choose Disable...then back out using OK or Apply button or both. 

Seems there is not only the Windows disabling of the USB port via power saver, but also some proprietary software for the Manufacturer that can shut it down, too.

Be sure to Save your new Power Plan at the last/original window to apply it for the future...otherwise, you will need to do this each time.

RSS

Latest Activity

Trustpoint.One and Tracy Cook Burwell are now friends
11 hours ago
Tracy Cook Burwell updated their profile
11 hours ago
Trustpoint.One joined Kelli Combs (admin)'s group
14 hours ago
Harman Singh commented on Kelli Combs (admin)'s group Proofreaders
Sunday
Harman Singh joined Kelli Combs (admin)'s group
Sunday
Kelli Combs (admin) left a comment for APEX COURT REPORTING
Saturday
APEX COURT REPORTING joined Cassandra's group
Saturday
APEX COURT REPORTING joined April Floyd's group
Saturday
Sheri Abraham posted a status
"Can somebody give me guidance on how to prepare an ATF Admin hearing transcript? I have no idea what the title page would look like. TIA!"
Saturday
Kelli Combs (admin) left a comment for Linda Troxel
Saturday
Kelli Combs (admin) left a comment for Harman Singh
Saturday
Kelli Combs (admin) commented on Kelli Combs (admin)'s group Eclipse Scopist (Send work request)
Saturday

© 2022   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service