What to do when your body is wrecked from the repetitive stress movements of court reporting for 18 years...

So I'm at that point that my body is just about to give up from the physical stresses of cr'g for so long. Anybody else have this problem? I now dread going to a depo bc I know I'm going to be in pain all day while typing away. I've spent thousands of dollars on docs, chiropractors, stretch constantly, exercise, take advils, aleve, and I really don't think I can do it much longer at this pace. The pain and discomfort can bring me to tears.

I'm not sure what else to do. I've written a screenplay and some song lyrics. Gonna try to sell those, but of course that's fantasy land, and I have to be practical. I'm giving myself till the end of this year to make a change. Also I got to play a court reporter on a TV show last month that airs this summer. No speaking part, but it was a blast! I definitely want to pursue that some more.

But what really sux is court reporting is such good money. I live very comfortably now. I'm 41, single, no kids, good savings, but in order to make a career change, I have to move out of my expensive townhome.

Sorry for the long vent, but I'm wondering if anyone else is going through the same thing as me and what you did or are doing about it. Also maybe anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of the pain?

Another thing... It really is gonna be hard to downsize and live in a crappy, probably tiny apartment again like I did when I was in my 20s, but I gotta make a change. No sugar daddy for me, no husband to fall back on. Tough times...

Thanks for listening :-)

Views: 2762

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't want to seem mysterious; I just know the limits of what I should post and where.  I will say it is direct marketing, which for many carries a very negative connotation.  For ME, the stars have aligned in a way that I never thought possible.  It is an anti-aging product that actually works, so I don't even consider it sales.  You let people try it.  Then they make their own informed decision.  The company is less than two years old, 3900% (no typo) growth in its first year.  Like I said, I was out there looking for something, and I found it.  

That's probably enough.  I am happy to talk to anyone who is interested and tell my story.

I have the same problem. Tried everything over the years. I think yoga has helped the most. There is definitely a mind-body connection. If you don't like going to a gym there are DVDs you can get. I worry constantly about the physical aspect of this job though and feel your pain. Sorry you're feeling bad.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service