I am working on a civil appeal that was two and a half days of closing argument, so it is entirely straight matter. The content is basically environmental law. I have completely scoped the first day, which was 105 pages. I now need to move on to my second day, which is about the same amount of pages in length. I'm looking for someone to go over my first day and then when I complete the rest I'll need someone to go over that as well. As I said, it is all straight matter. The lawyer tends to ramble, so I was having difficulty punctuating him.  I think the use of audio might be helpful to a proofreader/scopist.

I do not know when this transcript is due yet.  I'm still waiting for the official notice from the court. When I do get the notice from the court I think I will have 30 days to complete the transcript.  I'm just trying to get a head start.

If you are interested in this job, please respond with your rates and turn around time. Also, I've never used a scopist, so I don't know how I would go about sending my transcript and audio. Thank you very much for your consideration of this matter!

Views: 117

Replies to This Discussion

Dawn,

I am an experienced proofreader/scopist on DigitalCat software.  I am available to help you on these transcripts.  I have worked with a reporter in the Federal Courts and am familiar with similar transcripts.  Please email me for my rates.and turnaround at pamlet@centurytel.net.  I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully working with you.

Pam Martin

Hi, Dawn.

Ah, timing ...! I accepted a ~200 page transcription job last night.  Don't want to bite off more than I can chew, so ... well, looks like Pam will take good care of you!

RSS

Latest Activity

© 2022   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service