There's no hiding from the Government. They will find you. But you can maybe try to hide some of your money. What money? I didn't make any money last year. (j/k about the hiding money part).

But once again, jumping the gun, but not by much, it's time to think of write-offs and collecting all your little itty-bitty receipts into small shoeboxes to carry into your tax person. Don't have a tax person you say? Well, I've got some recommendations for you.

Phil Liberatore - 562-404-7996 a good guy, but kind of expensive. He does a good job, and he usually gets me money back. He also gives you a few freebies when you go in for your appointment. Get any nasty letters from the IRS, he'll probably be able to take care of it. Need a letter for your mortgage lender, no problem. But remember, he'll cost you. He's a CPA, and he's located in La Mirada.

The first couple of years, we got appointments w/Phil himself. Good deal. But after the first few years, we got passed off to associates. And it just didn't sit well w/our sense of self-importance, that and the price kind of helped us move on. Also, as far as location, he's a little far for us. But if you've got super-complicated taxes and investments, I think he's a good tax guy. Also, he's got lots of court reporters as clients so he knows how to do taxes for court reporters.

Eleanor Kim - If you're in south Orange County and looking for a good tax person, I recommend Eleanor Kim. That's who I use currently. She did our taxes for us last year, and I was very pleased. She was thorough and we felt like we were in good hands. I haven't had the history w/Eleanor yet that I had w/Phil so I can't give as lengthy of a review. But I feel like everything was taken care of.

If you're looking for a change, either of the two above would be great. If you've moved on from the 1040EZ and are looking to file Schedule C and various other schedules, if you have no idea what I'm talking about, perhaps you, too, should visit a tax professional. Just a thought.

Finally, if you have a great tax person, please share and help out your fellow reporter.

Views: 52

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service