I work on a case where the Bates numbers have several underscores within them.  Is there a way to global a stroke for the underscore to get it to come out as _?  When I try, all I get is a blank space.  for example 04_3333_5555.72_01 is a Bates number.  

Thanks, 

Sam

Views: 91

Replies to This Discussion

I use the stroke YUZ to underscore.  This is what it looks like in the dictionary: {^}_{^} is what you global.  This is great for source code or Bates numbers.

When I global my underscore stroke like you show, I always end up with it translating like this:  SFIPA{^ 05{^ 00505.   Where the blank spaces are is where the underline is supposed to be.  That's why I'm asking.  I can't ever get it to come out with an _.  It always shows only a blank space.  I'll look in my metadictionary and see if maybe that's the problem.  

I looked in the metadictionary and there's nothing there regarding the _.  So I don't know what the answer is. 

You have to put blanks.  So it should be as follows

{^}_ _{^}

No space between the underscores.  I just put it in so that you could see that there is two underscores.

Thanks.  Now it worked.  I didn't realize you had to put 2 underscores!  Thanks a bunch!! 

No problem. Glad it worked.

RSS

Latest Activity

Debra L. Maheux and Jacques B. are now friends
5 hours ago
Laurie H. commented on Janet's page Scopists
15 hours ago
Laurie H. updated their profile
15 hours ago
Karen Schouest updated their profile
yesterday
Karen Schouest joined Kelli Combs (admin)'s group
yesterday
Karen Schouest is now a member of CSRNation
yesterday
Cathy Houser commented on Janet's page Scopists
yesterday
Augustina Martinez and Robin Brazil are now friends
Saturday
Exel Reporters posted a status
"Need help today at 1:30 MSJ Spring Street Court house today. Can anyone help? $350 half day PD"
Friday
Barkley Court Reporters joined Kelli Combs (admin)'s group
Friday
Glenda Kaufman joined Kelli Combs (admin)'s group
Thursday
Glenda Kaufman updated their profile
Thursday

© 2020   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service