I've been following everyone here, and you have all inspired me at times when i need it! But it's time for me to step up and stop just reading, and start doing.
I started WW, again, LOL in May and did pretty good until the July 4th holiday ( huge thing in our little part of Wisconsin) party and cookout and drinks ( it is Wisconsin, we do like bratwurst, Italian sausage, and beer.) I had lost 12lbs, and was really starting to get into the exercise thing.
Well, it's now August and I just realized the 4th of July is over!! LOL, and I better get back to it or all my nice summertime weather will be gone and i will be facing the Great White North once again, with my same weight to lose.
I have a goal to lose 40 to 50 pounds, ultimately, but am taking it 10 lbs at a time, or I am just too overwhelmed. I am doing it more for the health reasons, I am in great health and fairly good shape, too, I just hide the extra weight pretty good, so no one really thinks I need to lose much. But I know the real number and don't want to get sick in any sort of way. Thanks for listening!

Views: 43

Replies to This Discussion

Good luck, Joan. You can do it.

Do you have a certain date that you are wanting to have the 40-50 pounds off by, a goal date that you are shooting for?
Janiece
Yeah, i was going to give myself a year to do it, because I have tried it before and gotten discouraged when it didn't happen and then I would give up. Believe me, this isn't my first WW or other diet attempt. I have a 21 year old son, and I am still trying to lose that baby weight! Oh, well, i am ready to take it one step at a time on this attempt and it really helps to have people like you on my side! :)
Thanks! that will be a great help1
Today i begin.....breakfast 7points, and golf at 4:00, walking the course for 9 hole league, and swinging, lots and lots of swinging the club!! But lots and lots of fun, with extra water.
Yeah, I just mindlessly ate two Oreo's, I have to get in the right mindset here, and think thin!
yesterday went pretty well, maybe 2 points over, (a drink at golf), but got in my water and exercise. I really notice that if I stay off refined sugar and white bread my cravings really subside. I don't know if that's true for others, but for me the first couple days are rough, but after, I really lose the cravings.
But now I want salty! LOL so I'll need to work on that one!
Remember, each day is a gift from God, what are you going to do with this one???
HI! busy week, did okay on points, but slacked off exercise last week:(
This week is going great though, walked 5 miles with my husband, not really fast but certainly not slow with him, Sunday night!
Today I started the walk/jog program Couch to 5k. Walked and jogged for 30 minutes, changing between the two. It went pretty good, I sure was tired, I have never jog/run in my life since high school. I downloaded the music/program and it tells you when to do what. I think I will be able to do it, it's a challenge for a 46-year-old nonrunner with 40 to 50 lbs to lose, but I just have to try to challenge myself to something different. They say they can make 5k runner out of you in 9 week. We will see, if it works on me, it will work for anyone! You should check it out online. JH

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service