Hey, everyone, if you're into movies or TV let's share what we like and don't like.  Also, if you're reading a good book and want to share, please feel free.

Views: 118

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Last night I watched the movie "Secretariat."  It was so good.  I definitely would give it two thumbs up.  If you have kids, it's a great family film.  I don't remember any bad words uttered.  I highly recommend this one.

One of my all-time favorite movies is Hildalgo.  True story, too.  Janiece, you would like it because it is about a horse, as well.  Wonderful movie.  If you ever get a chance to see it, you will not be disappointed.

Kelli, 

You know my taste in movies.  I saw Hildalgo and I did like it a lot.

I'm totally caught up right now so I'm taking the opportunity while cleaning to watch some TV.

Tonight on Showtime the new series "The Borgias" starts.  I think it looks really great.

I also saw the first show in the series "Treme" about the aftermath in New Orleans.  You can find Treme on the on demand section of HBO.  I hadn't heard anything about it.  The first episode was interesting.

Did you ever watch The Tutors?  I think it's on HBO.  That seemed a lot like The Borgias to me.  I didn't watch either one but my mother loves The Tutors, or maybe it's Tuters.  I forget which, but one of those Henry The 8th era shows.

Hi, Kelli.

Not sure about HBO, but I see The Tudors advertised every so often on BBC America.

That's it, "The Tudors."  It is pretty steamy and they show flesh so it can't be a regular television show, I know that.
I just finished reading Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda and loved it - best book I've read in 2011 so far!

I know I'm behind but I just watched Silver Linings Playbook last night.  Outstanding movie.  All the actors were fabulous!!!!

Another movie I watched recently is Zero Dark Thirty.  It was very interesting.  There is a documentary on HBO right now called Manhunt.  It has the real people involved in tracking down Osama bin Laden.  It is very interesting to hear the real players in the saga tell what happened.

Another movie I really like is Argo.  Great movie.

Savages is good too.  It is very violent, so if you don't want violence, it is not for you.

Argo and Silver Linings Playbook were two of my favorite movies last year also, Janiece ~

Really enjoyed Chef and Begin Again this month. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service