I am a reporter on Case CATalyst.  I was wondering whether any reporters have thought about using or use a scopist realtime for expedited jobs.  I am concerned that maybe attorneys will not want the "extra" person in the deposition room; but for expedites, I'd like to give it a try.  Any suggestions?  Thanks everyone!!!

Kelly

Views: 291

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The scopist doesn't need to be "in the room."   If you have Internet access at the job site, the scopist can be sitting at home (wherever that may be) and do remote scoping.    You can do trial runs with your scopist when you don't have an expedite to get any bugs worked out.    :))

Lisa Urso

Thanks so much, Lisa!  Do you use Case CATalyst "work units" to download your notes every 20 minutes or so and use a program like Drop Box for the scopist to have access?

Is there any other method for allowing the scopist to access my job realtime, or at least every 20 - 30 minutes or so, without my having to take a break to send them to her?

Thank you sooooooooooooooo much for your help, Lisa!

Kelly

I don't think you necessarily have to take a break to send the files.    I think you could do it at a pause in the proceedings, but I'm not absolutely sure about that.

When you use Dropbox, you set everything up beforehand, like I said.    You don't have to stop to send the files.  You are sharing files on Dropbox.  So your scopist goes in and gets the files and moves them to Case CAT and edits from there.  It depends how your have your work units set up.      

Instead of going into a long explanation, go to this Stenograph link.   I think they pretty much sum it up.

If you have further questions, you can contact me.  I will be happy to discuss it with you.

Lisa 

http://www.stenograph.com/HelpDeskDocs/Cat12/Sharing%20Work%20Units... 

Lisa, you are the best!!!  Thank you so much.  That article is perfect, and now I see how to set it all up step-by-step.

Thank you so much for your help!  I am going to give it a try at home, then this week for a Board meeting I am reporting.  I hope it all goes well :)

Thanks again!

Kelly

Glad to help.  :))

Hi Martha!

Thank you so much for taking time to answer my post!  I think I have it all set up, and I am going to give it a try this week.

Thanks again for your response!

Kelly

Lisa

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service