Northern Illinois University February 14 Scholarship Fund

Dear Friends,

On February 14th a national tragedy became a personal horror for my family. Our daughter, Alex, is a student at Northern Illinois University where five beautiful souls were lost in a few seconds of senseless violence. Alex was about 100 yards away when the shooting began, and spent several hours in lock down in an adjacent building with survivors who fled the lecture hall. We count ourselves lucky that physically Alex is perfect, but the shadow cast that afternoon is long and will linger forever for the students.

I bring this to you because the court reporting community is one of the kindest and most generous groups I have ever known. The university has set up a scholarship fund in the name of the students who died. Below is a link to the university website providing more information. I know I have your prayers and support, as always. But if you are in a position to do so, I ask that you contribute to the university's efforts to continue to provide all NIU students with the quality education that is the hallmark of the institution.

Thank you,
Tracie Donnell

http://www.niu.edu/memorial/scholarships.shtml

Views: 11

Reply to This

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service