I did the job on 12/17/08. I got the job in on 1/3/08.

My understanding is 30 days from when I turn in the job.

Feb 9, I e-mail asking whether check will be on 2/15/08 payroll run.

2/10/08, owner e-mailed back saying no problem, will mail the check the next day.

2/21/08 e-mail agency saying I didn't get paycheck. Do you have my correct address?

2/25/08 owner e-mails saying the check went out on the 19th.

At this point should I continue to wait or do you think it would be reasonable for me to ask her to stop payment on the original check and send me another check?

Would love feedback from agency owners if I am being unreasonable and what you would suggest.

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not an agency owner, but enough time has gone by for the U.S. mail. I think it's time for you to go to the agency and pick up the check in person, if possible. Call ahead and tell them you're coming.
I finally got the paycheck today. It is a long and tortuous saga that I do not have the time or energy to share right now.

Maybe later when it gets slow again.
The agency is a considerable distance away.

Here's the long, gruesome story.

I e-mailed on the 29th saying that I still had not received the check. I got a call a little while later from the production person. She told me she had received the check back in the mail that morning and sent it out to the wrong address again. Yes, again.

Yesterday morning, I e-mailed asking for the check number and the check amount. Yesterday afternoon, I received a check. The check was dated the 19th They sent it to my address two houses ago. She also paid me for the wrong amount of pages, the wrong rate, and left off the per diem she had promised and that I had included on the billing sheet.

After all that, she ended up overpaying me by $2.75l (karma)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service