Finest Most Excellent (Suitable for Framing) copy of the Original Court Reporter's Creed

I am very pleased to announce that free copies of the Original Court Reporter's Creed are available to students, schools and court reporters.

My expert printer has done a fantastic job of enlarging the Original Court Reporter's Creed into a legal sized 8 1/2" by 14" copy.

If reporters have the older letter sized version of the creed, they may want to request the newly printed enlarged legal-sized version which shows off the original creed much better than the old letter-sized version.

Schools, students and court reporters may request free copies of the newly created large sized Original Court Reporter's Creed enclosed in an archway of Greek temple pillars and a Greek temple roof.

Everyone is invited to laminate their copies of the creed in order to have an inexpensive deluxe version of the creed for display. Legal sized laminates go for about $1.50 at Staples.

Requests for copies of the free newly printed legal sized version of the Original Court Reporter's Creed may be sent to me at williamparsons2@yahoo.com

It has been many years since I have offered the Original Court Reporter's Creed which has been enjoyed by so many court reporters.

The Original Court Reporter's Creed reads as follows:

THE COURT REPORTER'S CREED

My profession stems from humanity's desire and its necessity to preserve the happenings of yesterday and tomorrow.

My profession was born with the rise of civilization in ancient Greece.

I was known as a scribe in Judea, Persia and the Roman Empire.

I preserved the Ten Commandments for posterity and was with King Solomon while building the temple.

I was with the founding fathers of the United States when they drafted the Declaration of Independence. My hand labored upon the scroll that set forth the Bill of Rights.

The immortal Abraham Lincoln entrusted me to record the Emancipation Proclamation.

I was commissioned to be with Roosevelt at Yalta. I was with Eisenhower on D-Day and with MacArthur at Tokyo.

I have kept confidence reposed with me by those in high places, as well as those in lowly places.

My profession protects the truthful witness, and I am a nemesis of the perjurer. I am a party to the administration of justice under the law and the court I serve.

I discharge my duties with devotion and honor. Perhaps I haven't made history, but I have preserved it through the ages.

In the past I was called a scribe. Today I am the court reporter that sits in the courts of my country. I am the stenographer that sits in the United States Congress.

I am the verbatim Court Reporter.

*** (William Parsons’ Original adaptation of a speech given by C.W. Jones to the 1964 meeting of the Kansas Shorthand Reporters Association) ***

Views: 6

Reply to This

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service