911:  What's your emergency?  ME:  The cat just jumped on me and woke me up.  (4:30 a.m.)  A car pulled up, backed up and parked behind my car.  That house is empty.  I am at X and X.  There are two people walking towards X.  I am sure it's nothing, but could you send a car out just to check.   911:  Is that near Cumberland Farms?  ME:  Yeah.

(When they parked they turned on their car lights and were doing something.  I went to potty.  Came back, they were out of the car and walking.  I figured, what the hell, that's what 911 is for, so call and give them something to do.)

Three minutes later they come running back and get in the car and are gone.  I figured it was a drug deal.  Three minutes after they peel out four police cars are at the store.  It was actually an armed robbery.  I thought the store was closed from 11:00 p.m. to 6:00. 

This is a great forum  for info and for sharing.  If you call 911 about a suspicious car give as much detail about the car as you can.  If you can see a license plate, give it.  All that info is recorded on the 911 tape.

I was surprised it was an armed robbery. The area I live in is mostly a senior area and is considered safe.  Apparently that store was an easy target.  The clerk was not hurt.  But it could have gone very much differently.  And I could have given more info than I realized.

Views: 235

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow! Quick thinking, Mary!

That's so scary.  I live a block from the park in San Mateo, CA.  Last week a woman was walking her dog in the park and she was robbed at gunpoint.  So scary.  You can never be too careful.

Wow!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service