Hello, as you probably know, it's very daunting looking for steno machines online, especially when it seems like everything about court reporting was last updated in 2005. Sigh.

Here is my situation. I've been using a old, but until recently, reliable Gemini machine. I like the fact that I don't have to worry about a machine full of RAM and other things I don't need. I work from home and my notes go right to the screen and to the student, online, for whom I do the transcribing. It also works well with my software, OpenWrite.

My machine has been acting up lately and I believe it's time for an overhaul. The thing is, do I send it in and have that done, or pay a little more and get a different machine? I've talked to a few of the online vendors and they act like my Gemini might give them cooties just talking about it. I don't understand at all. But this makes me weary of fixing up my old one. Also, one vendor told me the Gemini is slower than other machines. So, should I send this one in, hope for the best? Or should I invest a little in a used, say, Stentura SRT model? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Erin

Views: 23

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service