I'm a court reporting student seeking a mentor to start me down the career path of scoping. I feel that my court reporter training at Erwin Technical Center in Tampa has given me the skills necessary to produce an accurate transcript. I have passed the WKT Skills portion of the NCRA certification and am anxious to gain some experience in the scoping field.

Currently I have reached 180 wpm, but I need to start earning some income. After reviewing the documents posted on this forum regarding scopist feedback on grammar and punctuation, I feel that I have the punctuation, grammar, spelling, and research skills necessary. And I'm willing to work whatever hours are necessary to produce an accurate transcript with the fastest turnaround possible.

If you would be willing to give me this opportunity, I could scope a small job free of charge so that you could assess the quality of my work and provide me with constructive feedback. Also, if you could provide a sample of one of your completed jobs, I could copy your transcript format. I am using Case Catalyst Version 8 w/ Audio Sync.

I can be reached at (727) 481-7694 or by email at joymarie@tampabay.rr.com.

Any advice or assistance you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your consideration,

Joy Volz

Views: 98

Reply to This

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service