Real Time Live Notes Users in Dallas, Chicago, DC & New York

Hello everyone! I am getting ready to start a very large case that I need real time live note users in Dallas, Chicago, DC & New York. It will start out being 50+ depositions. If you are interested, please let me know. I need to start assigned reporters as soon as possible and I would like the same ones to cover the depos that are in their area.

I look forward to your responses!! Thanks so much!

Debbie Allen

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wanted to thank everyone for replying. I'm still looking for reporters and videographers in all four of these areas. So, if you guys could please respond to my personal email at dallen@elitecopysolutions.com or call me at 2140698-5199 and forward me your rates, it would help a lot.

Again, thank you all for replying and have a great day!

Debbie
Hi Barb!

Can you give me a call today? 214-698-5199
Also, my email address is dallen@elitecopysolutions.com

Thanks so much!
Hi, Debbie,

I'm a realtime reporter in Dallas and would be happy to help you cover these jobs.

My email address is wynnepauly@sbcglobal.net
Debbie -

Please keep us in mind. We're located in the Houston area but routinely cover Dallas for larger cases. My wife and I are both RDR CRR's with LiveNote certifications.

Mike Miller
mike@depoman.com
866-214-3376 x82
Hey, M.A., it was great seeing you and Dick in Kentucky!

I'm confused by the language in your last post here ("If you are told otherwise by any source...). That leads me to infer that someone has been stating otherwise, perhaps stating or implying that this firm has your imprimatur.

Please clarify.

adm
Yes, good to see you too (you handsome devil, you). Debbie just called me, actually. It's a small world, the realtime reporting world. She's still scheduling for this job, and after chatting with her, indeed, it sounds like a great case. I could probably safely use the word "fantastic." She'll need some really good reporters for coverage, and I know she can find them here at CSRNation. My wording may seem a bit harsh, but it really wasn't meant to be. There's a lot of good realtime talent checking in here, if not regularly, at least occasionally. So there's no doubt she's come to the right place. You know, we haven't been back home since Kentucky -- been at the cabin the whole time. Got home ... we both have bad colds ... only to learn my job went off for tomorrow. So that sucks. Whatever. Resting up for a Saturday job.

Mary Ann Payonk, Washington, D.C.
Mary Ann,

Thank you very much for clearing that up. I appreciate it. I'm working very hard to find a handful of qualified reporters/videographers and possibly interpreters that I can repeatedly use in each state for the next several months.

Debbie
Hi, Debbie. We all work hard at what we're doing -- we can agree on that!

You know, I've often thought it must be extremely hard being a firm, looking around the country for qualified reporters to cover work. It's the "qualified" part that can be difficult. I guess that's why I don't think I could ever be a traditional firm owner ... delegation of authority and responsibility. That makes me shudder, actually! I know what I can do, but to go forward on someone else's promises of quality or abilities? Not for me. It's tough being a firm owner nowadays.

There are a lot of letters after some reporters' names, mine included, such as RPR, RMR, CRR, RDR, CCP, CBC and the almighty (in jest) CLR. If there was some way to measure the quality of a reporter's writing before the job, that might take away some of that fear ... but as I've seen stated before, after the witness is sworn is no time to discover that the realtime reporter can't write readable realtime, and letters after the name don't guarantee quality writing.

I've always considered the tran rate, but unfortunately now with Artificial Intelligence, reporters can be fairly sloppy and still guarantee a 100% translation rate ... so now I qualify that with something like "conflict-free, ___% tran rate unaided by AI." I do think the raw tran rate is very telling, though. Reporters may say, "But what about all those case-specific words???" Actually, that's the least of our worries. We need to be nailing the 2,000 regular words that we write every single day, and quickly edit from the writer to put the handful of entries into the job dict. Mess up on transglutenated polyphenolhydrochlorinate and you'll be forgiven ... until the first break, when you should have a brief form. But mess up on all the regular words in between T.P. and the next high-dollar word, and there should be little forgiveness for that.

Actually, I see more and more specifications for jobs written with quality requirements, with penalties being written into the contracts to apply where it hurts -- in the pocket. I've had two in the last year come across my desk with things like: A $250 penalty if the reporter is late once or twice, a $500 penalty if the reporter is late a third time, and after the third time, that reporter cannot return to the job and must be replaced.

I had an Internet realtime job that required an un-Artificial Intelligence-aided realtime translation rate of 98%, and the penalty was a certain percentage off of the transcript charge. I found that (98%) a BIT (again, in jest) low. And there were monetary penalties for rough drafts not delivered in a certain amount of time, and of course for the final not being delivered on time. And it's not the reporting firm's rules, it's the client's. Insisting on quality standards I think is a good thing. It's just sad that some of our end clients have had such bad experiences that they have to resort to that.

Those relationships you make with reporters who promise AND DELIVER are going to be golden! Hang onto them!

Mary Ann
It also helps to get recommendation letters or references from Agencies and/or clients. The proof is in the pudding
Do you know of any reporters in need of a StenoCAT scopist? I was a court reporter in
Florida for 22 years. Now I am interested in scoping. Could you please forward my
email address dyetta@aol.com to a StenoCAT reporter? Thank you, Darlene
I don't know anyone as of yet, but with your permission, I would be glad to forward your name! Have a great day !

Debbie

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service