I am writing an article for the JCR detailing the many online court reporter forums that are out there these days. If someone here could post the following information for me, I’ll be sure and include this forum and relevant material:

Who started this forum and why?

Is this forum moderated?

What do you think makes this forum distinct from the others, if anything?

I welcome any other details you’d like to provide.

Thank you!

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Monti and Kelly started the forum.

I think the forum is somewhat moderated.

This forum is distinct from others that it is much more personal in nature. You can see other reporters via their pictures. We get to exercise our creativity and people can see a bit of our personality through our pages.

It's also unique in that it has the cover depo feature, so if an agency needs a reporter they can contact someone.

There's also a fun aspect to the forum in terms of the videos and pictures. We get to see what other people's interests are and perhaps get introduced to something new.

All-in-all, I think it's a fun site.
Kelli and Monti started this forum in December of 2007..
Hi, Cassandra:

That's a terrific idea! Thank you so much. I'm only covering the "main" forums, not the smaller software-specific ones. Here is a list of what I've come up with, but if anyone is aware of others, please let me know:

CSR Nation
CR Forum
MSN Court Reporter Assistance
NCRA Online
Depoman
Cassandra,

What Jodi referred to as "CR Forum" is The Court Reporters Forum on CompuServe. It's the longest running forum on the Internet for the court reporting field.
Hey, Cassandra, I'm not sure if you emailed me because I'm actually not sure what email address I have tied to CSRnation, and I have way too many.

Can you tell me if and when you sent it? Thank you!
Hi, Jodi.

Don't forget the StenoLife forum! Alas, due to spammers, you have to log in to even read it these days ... but it's still a good forum otherwise.

--gdw
---------------------------------
"For a Good (steno) Time ...."
http://www.cheapandsleazy.net
Cassandra, I and I believe others would love to see the search engine rank results for these message boards. I have my favorite(s), same with others ... but those rankings would definitely be something I'd like to see from an objective point of view. Could you post them here?

M.A.
I read CSRNation often, I really do, and I like it just fine. But I couldn't find the private message function. Can I blame that on my age too? I do everything else ... but it's maryannrdr AT earthlink DOT NET.

M.A.
It's the same.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service