Hi there,
I am a videographer that wants branch out. What wo uld be the best way for me to find consistant work? I don't do my own production and the person that I worked for was very secrative about that side of it. She doesn't want me branching out. I need to know if companies would hire me if I don't do my own production.
Also, what is the typical pay rate? I have been getting $45/hour, but no mileage. I have state of the art equiptment.
Does anyone know what it costs to have a video synched?
If I were to work directly for an attorney, what would I typically charge him/her?

Thank you for any information that you can give me.

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello, you do NOT need you own video production.
most big agencies in fact do not want you to do that because they make most of their money from doing that.

I work for esquire, networkdepo, sarnoff.. etc, none of them take over 30 days to pay, and none will ask you to do your own production.
$45 is not bad if you charge for a setup. i would ask for 50 maybe even 55, i know some videographers that charge 60, i charge $50 + setup.

working directly for an attorney is a huge hassle IMO, I tried it once and i will never do that again.
thanks!
Hi,

You should contact your local court reporting companies and let them know you're available. Your rates are low. Check out Timecoder Pro (Indata corp) for sync info.

David
Try Merrill Corp --- I don't know where you are located. But if you are in the NY area, give me your phone number and areas that you work and I will send an email directly to the agencies that I mostly do work with and get your name on their list. They usually like recommendations instead of someone walking off the street.

But 70 percent or more of the work is getting videotaped, especially patent cases and all these expert witnesses testifying.
Thank you so much for the information. I am actually in So. Cal. If anyone else has any info, I would really appreciate it.
Call Atkinson-Baker. Call Depobook Those are the only 2 agencies that I know and work for. Depobook I know takes 60 days to pay reporters. I don't know how long they take for videographers. But at least they pay and if you work consistently with them, then you end up getting a paycheck every 2 weeks.

Good luck.
Thank you so much.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service