Have you ever heard something so dumb in testimony that it just makes you want to pound your head into the wall? I mean, I'm sitting here reading this transcript and listening to the testimony, and all I want to do is scream.

Views: 76

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes. Dumb, and also dumb and ugly.

Trust me, you don't want to know.
Wanna bet??
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I have been doing some pro tem work in Juvenile and Family Court. It has confirmed my long-held suspicion that truly, any idiot can breed, and many do. The most recent one that really stands out was the abusive, neglectful father who demanded of the Court, "Why won't the social worker write something good about me so I can have another chance?" (Actually, "abusive, neglectful" only barely begins to cover it.)

The second was a shop supervisor who couldn't imagine why he was named as a defendant in a lawsuit by two employees who had found nooses placed in their workspaces. It was just a joke. This was a couple of years ago, and I doubt I'll forget it anytime soon. Pure evil.
These two attorneys decided to rip off their boss. They convinced an office girl to steal the old man's files, photocopy them, change the contact information in the computer so the rest of the office staff wouldn't be able to contact them, went to all the clients with these two attorneys and told said clients that the old man was retiring and they could either re-hire these two boneheads or get another attorney, thereby having to restart their respective cases from scratch. It also happens that the client files that these guys stole were all very close to settlement and were paying millions - and they all but admitted it in open court.

The thing that gets me is that these two attorneys actually filed a counter claim against their old boss because he had the NERVE to call them unethical.
The lady that said this I wanted to whack on the side of the head with my tripod.

3 Q. I think I asked you about whether or not you'd
4 ever heard whether or not Mr. *** had paranoid
5 schizophrenia. And you said, I believe, no.
6 A. No.
7 Q. Did anyone ever tell you he was paranoid?
8 A. Not at all.
9 Q. Okay. Were you aware of any mental condition
10 that he had?
11 A. I think being gay is a mental condition, so I
12 tend to ignore that.
That's intelligent . . .
People, man; where do they find people like this?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service