This ad is on craigslist. Last time I looked RPR was 225 and Merit was 240.
Is this even realistic?

Court reporters to join our company in covering State and Private Law office hearings, depositions and board meetings. Qualifications: 5+ years freelance service, Certified Court Reporting, document formatting, 300 WPM. Steno and voicewriters

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I could be wrong, but I think it's a typo.
Come on, now ... if you've got a speedometer on your CAT system, we all hit 300 wpm on a regular basis ... right before we open our mouths to ask them to slow down! Of COURSE we can all write 300 wpm ... there's no indication of how long, or how accurately (smile). I don't really understand the "Certified Court Reporting" part, though, because this is out of Tampa, Florida, and I didn't think Florida had a state CSR or any other requirement for reporting there. Maybe it's asking for someone who was serious about it for 5+ years and did their own work (formatting).

M.A.
Florida just implemented a state certification, the FPR. Katiana "Lady Steno" took it and passed, so she's got a nice, low number ....
Florida has had the FPR but that's not a speed certification test. It is an ethics/court reporting procedures certification. I, too, took and passed the FPR with lady steno and I was brand new into 180 at the time.
300 WPM Q and A is the top speed required by voice writers to pass the RVR examination with the NVRA for higher certification.
I have been sick so I have not been back to see the responses.

After Karen responded I sent a reply to the poster. No response. My guess is it's an employment recruiter looking for new business, thought of court reporting, found some basic information - and looking for only the best, CSR, 300 wpm.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service