I like cheap, so I figured I would try it.  I went to Wal-Mart this morning and got it.  Followed instructions, plugged it into an empty spot on my wi-fi router.  It did take a little longer for the activation process.  The first month is free.  Unlimited U.S. calls.

I have made a few calls on it so far.  Far superior to Magicjack.  Cheaper than Vonage.

I know most of you have iphones, ipads, etc.  If you want an extra phone line at a very cheap cost, this is good. (I have four phone numbers.) Would be great for an extra phone line for your kids home phone.  (Remember, you can log in and see calls coming in and calls going out).

Views: 55238

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mary Jo,

Why do you need the router? 

Janiece, you should check with Uverse about just getting a plain phone line with no extras and still have your bundle.  I was paying $28 in taxes and fees for having the long distance and extras on my phone line.  I just plug it into an answering machine and no caller ID.  And people will get a busy signal if I'm on the phone.  But they can call my cell if they need to reach me right away.

I have a wi-fi router because I have two laptops, so I have Internet access for both those laptops.  So happens the BasicTalk plugs into the wireless router. 

This Basic Talk also has call waiting.

I have a Gmail number.  It's free.  ;-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service