I'm having some issues with my playback sound on my Dell computer. I've always had a Dell because of the awesome service contract....next day to your home, and that is so important, but I thought, what a better place to start a discussion and take a survey on what kind of laptops people use and how they like them. It will help us all dramatically if we know what to buy the time time we need to get a new one.

Views: 199

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's great, Rho.

OMG at the size of your red bag! That picture gives me even more of a perspective than the others! Mine is coming, but I think it may be *too* big for everyday use. What I think it would be great for is when I'm in a place with no elevator and put everything in it (carry or skip altogether my label maker) so I don't have two things to lug up the steps.

Hey, your space looks orderly to me! :D
Rho, I agree with Brenda on getting a prespective of the size of the bag. I left a blog message for you on if you thought I could fit my LS writer in with my 14" laptop, along with my cords, mikes, tapes, tape recorder, headphones. Dont really have much stuff anymore thanks to the LS. As soon as I go digital, won't need room for tapes either. I'm going to wait awhile on getting the bag. My husband will bury me out in the Hill Country where no one would find me if I got another bag. I just got a new bag for my laptop about 6 weeks ago trying to size down, and I have a very small laptop bag that I put my LS in and mikes and headphones, recorder. Thanks for the pictures. Oh, I would be disappointed if your place was any cleaner.
Shannon,
I thought I had replied to that blog?? Can't remember where I post anymore, LOL! Thank goodness for the emails!

I use the Olympus WS-321M digital recorder and it is incredible!! I got it on Ecost.com for a discount! Is a flash drive/music player/etc. Is REALLY easy! No extra 'cord' to download the sound file, the USB is right 'in' the unit! I can't imagine a tape recorder. But yes, after you change you will be SO light!! :)

I have my butt pad and ALL my extras in the bag right now. Shoes, too! And room to spare, lol. And it is not 'ugly' when it is not stuffed. Still looks 'nice' and not saggy or anything. My blog, it is not stuffed.
Rhoda,
Does that digital recorder have a place to plug in external microphone? I was looking at it on that web site.
yes, it does! Mic and ear phone jacks both. The built-in mic is very good though. I have had great results with it. . .
LOL! It is not even 'stuffed' as much as it could be!! I have more in it now than the Blog pics, lol. I can't wait for you to get yours to see if you like it. You don't 'have' to stuff it like mine, lol.

I actually picked up the chair next to me yesterday! And I used to keep my rolly cart 'attached' to my old bag, where my red bag is. I don't need it 'all' the time now, so that is in my coat room ready to go if I need it. There are days stuff is spilling out into the floor beyond my purse. ;)
Rho
Thank you. I will keep that web site for later. I'm trying to get this static choppiness audio problem solved on my laptop before I get the digital for backup. I bought a USB mike yesterday and hopefully that'll solve the problem. Nobody can figure out what the problem is. I test and test and reconfigure at home, and it sounds great. Take it to a depo, and static and choppy. I'm baffled. Thought maybe it might be my Norton 360, but I did a test at home with it on, and did fine. Something happened right about the time I did the update on Eclipse and loaded Norton 360.
Do you have the 'gadget' for the mic that will repell radio frequencies?? Can't remember the proper term, but I got one from Radio Shack after reading how people started getting a radio station at the job, LOL! Anyone remember the proper term??
rho
No, I sure don't. My videographer was saying something about some kind of insulator cord or something. I had everybody turn off blackberries the other day...didn't make a difference. But I will run down to Radio Shack tomorrow and see what they got. Thank you so much for the suggestion. This is really stressing me out because I can't figure it out. The tech at Sound Professionals said Eclipse had a buffer setting in user settings (I was amazed he knew so much), but I've gone over all my setting with Eclipse. I'll check that out

By the way, are you sitting there reading that book while at the computer?
LOL, no. I am working on a transcript today. Just got my scrapbook page ready for Easter pics tomorrow. :) I do digital scrapbooking. And have been 'here' too! I only read right before going to sleep...or tomorrow will take it to MIL's for the day and 'relax' a bit instead of working.

I had just Googled it the other day, so still had it in my history, if that is what you were asking...how I knew the name/etc??

The other CR could only say she called Dell and they had her download something...she is not good at 'describing' things for me, lol. But she had that 'sound' you say you have....

Rho
Just to have them brought back in? Leave 'em! LOL
LOL! I agree! Put a box for 'that' stuff in there and just leave it. ;) DD is old enough now that she knows not to mess w/my area. Otherwise I had my office gated from her for the little years! Too much 'danger' in there, lol. I like being in the living room as I feel a 'part' of life. Now, DH may say differently! And the distraction of the TV slows my editing skills some nights, lol! Thank goodness for commercials!
Rho

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service