Court Reporting Opportunities with NO LEGAL KNOWLEDGE . CHECK THIS OUT.

Views: 112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just wore that dress on my last depo! What a coincidence!

Geez, that is so trashy.

Someone posted this same ad on another message board. I guess this guy was a president of NCRA at one point, and the woman in the picture is his wife.
Everyone knows being attractive is more important than having legal knowledge. Very disturbing.
First of all, Is this for real?
if so, are they looking for hot dependable videographer?? Hehe, I kid I kid.

But seriously, I really cant tell if its a joke or a real add.
$20 an hour?? Starbucks pays $15 plus tips.
It's for real. This ad has been around since summer, before the last convention. They had a booth at that convention. Runfola is a past prez of NCRA, just to top it off, and yes, it is his wife. If nothing else, it gets the forums buzzing every time this ad resurfaces!
well, then can someone explain what do these ladies do once they get to a deposition?
it says no experience required, how can they report?? what am i missing here?
Here's the lesson I'm learing with all of the garbage floating out there in our markets: If you want to make money, check your integrity at the door.

The website advertises their cutting edge technology and STENOGRAPHIC reporters. Is this false advertising, or does the firm itself just think that their tape recorders aren't worth bragging about?
This all came out last summer, so I may be misremembering some details, but they use high-quality digital reporting equipment, monitor it, take notes of speakers, other goings-on that are necessary for the transcript -- it's what ER monitors do, the ones who do more than just flip a switch.

The stenographic reporters are the ones at home doing the transcripts. So the $20/hr (whatever it was) is for the monitoring only. Transcript production is a different animal, different pay scale, etc.
And is a MINIMAL amount of pay, too, if I remember right, Brenda. I remember the buzz on Compuserve about this.

I guess Ugly Betty would not be hired? @@

Anyone know how they are doing? That would be interesting to hear about. Or if anyone 'works/worked' for them? Some insider scoop would be nice.

Rho
Yeah, it was all over CRF, all over Depoman . . . it was buzzing all over everywhere last summer around convention time. I haven't heard anything at all recently.
$20 an hour and not having to do the transcript is not bad pay. What I don't understand is if paying someone $20 to monitor the ER and then paying a steno reporter to transcribe at probably a close to normal page rate, how are the clients saving money. What is the benefit to not having a machine reporter there?
Scary when you think of how little they're paying for the transcript, huh?
Lisa, his firm probably does do both ER and stengraphic work. There's a woman by me that does both. On the front page of her Web site she says that ER is better than machine reporters. She does a lot of other very unethical stuff also.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service