Long story short, my old computer crashed, so I bought a new one that has the Vista operating system. I reloaded my Case CATalyst onto it, but it does not recognize my security device. This is the message I get when I try to get into Case: Compatibility issue between this version of Windows and USB host for 1-Wire Microlan which was created by Acer, Inc.

It does not recognize my security device and wants me to install a driver, which I guess I no longer have.

Does anyone know what I should do? I haven't a clue.

Views: 393

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know how to help you with this, but you can still buy new computers on ebay that have windows xp on it. I hear Vista has a lot of problems
You have to have the latest CC9 in order to work it with Vista...not compatible otherwise. The driver should be on your disk.
Get your windows XP cd from your old computer (or you can buy it for $100 from frys), Dump vista (Erase it/reformat it) then install windows XP.
if you know what you are doing you can do it in 45 minutes. if you dont, call someone that knows what they are doing because it could turn very ugly.
good luck.
Thanks, Monti. In my case, it would get very ugly if I tried to do it for sure. I'm considering just buying an older laptop from eBay and taking this one back. I was perfectly happy with my old Compaq laptop until it crashed. Thanks everyone.
If you search on ebay under laptop windows xp NEW, you willl get plenty of listings of new laptops with XP on it, that's the route I would go and much easier
I think I'll be doing that. Thanks, Arielle.
I'm only saying because I just bought a laptop on the internet, and I saw a new sony one one on ebay and I googled the item number and found it 500.00 cheaper on the internet at a company in Texas....so that was good. But there are still laptops with XP on it.

I hope it works out for you.
Cheryl, actually a friend of mine just told me that last night, that she had called Stenograph and had to have her security device reprogrammed. I will be doing that today. Thank you!
Thanks. No, I don't use a foot pedal, thankfully. Hopefully after I call Stenograph, I will be set to go, but I've heard quite a few bad stories with software performance using Vista. I'm crossing my fingers.
Also you need to make sure that you have the Vista 32 bit version. The 64 bit version will not recognize the security key.
I think the answer might be more simple than what I've seen so far. It sounds like you need to install the driver for the USB host. I can't remember which of the Case Catalyst discs it's on (there should be two), but it shouldn't matter if you don't have the absolute latest version. I've installed this for a number of different people at school on Vista and XP. If you still have your Case Catalyst manual there are step by step instructions that should work even if it's a little out of date for Vista, the interface/directories might be different though.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service