I have been using Trend Micro for years.  I'm considering switching to something free if there's something out there that is good that does not cost me anything.

I have several computers.  I have a computer for at home that I edit on.  It is constantly hooked up to the internet.  I have the computer I take to jobs.  It is rarely on the internet.  I have two netbooks that I use to supply to attorneys for realtime.  They are rarely on the internet.  I currently have antivirus software on all of my computers.  All of my computers have Windows for operating systems.

What do you use?

Thanks for your input.

Janiece

Views: 200

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Janiece,

I used to us Trend Micro for a few years and kept getting viruses...........I actually use Norton Internet Security.  You can usually buy it at Amazon for $20 or less and it's good for up to three computers.  Then $40 yearly renewal.  It has been good.

And it's not a hog like it used to be on your system.  They really made it better.  I only have an antivirus on my desktop, though, none of my laptops, as I never put them online.

You have to be super careful on taking a "free antivirus" because it is (quite often) not the real thing.

I like Norton too.  I got mine, paid $10.00 more and got the Norton Utilities (which is great).

I use the Avira free version on my loaner netbooks, and it does the job.  I used to use that on my primary computer as well, but I upgraded to the pay version, which I can't remember offhand what that cost, but it wasn't terribly expensive.  I've never had any computer issues due to viruses as far as I know.

I use Microsoft Essentials.   It's free and I think it's pretty good.

Eset works really well.  Never a problem.

Norton is way too large and slows down my computer.  Also, it makes my computer lock up when doing realtime.  Right now I don't have any antivirus software because I'm not sure which one won't lock up my computer.  I know I need to have it, though....

How do you find out if your computer is 32 bit or 64 bit??

Kelli, if you're using Win7, right-click on Computer on your desktop, choose Properties, and you'll see that info right there.

I couldn't find it by doing that.  This is my hubby's computer that he gave me and he told me it's 32 bit.  I guess you need to know that when downloading the antivirus software.  Thank you.

Are you on a different OS than Win7, like XP?  If you are, I can fire up my old computer and see if that info is in a different place in XP.

Kelli,

I always deactivate my antivirus before I start my realtime jobs.

RSS

Latest Activity

Paul Goldstein updated their profile
12 hours ago
APEX COURT REPORTING joined Kelli Combs (admin)'s group
16 hours ago
Trustpoint.One and Tracy Cook Burwell are now friends
yesterday
Tracy Cook Burwell updated their profile
yesterday
Trustpoint.One joined Kelli Combs (admin)'s group
yesterday
Harman Singh commented on Kelli Combs (admin)'s group Proofreaders
Sunday
Harman Singh joined Kelli Combs (admin)'s group
Sunday
Kelli Combs (admin) left a comment for APEX COURT REPORTING
Saturday
APEX COURT REPORTING joined Cassandra's group
Saturday
APEX COURT REPORTING joined April Floyd's group
Saturday
Sheri Abraham posted a status
"Can somebody give me guidance on how to prepare an ATF Admin hearing transcript? I have no idea what the title page would look like. TIA!"
Saturday
Kelli Combs (admin) left a comment for Linda Troxel
Saturday

© 2022   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service