Well, the economy is bad, Uncle Sam took all my money, and I've got several things happening all at once. So I'd like to take my mom out, but I really can't afford a $40 brunch for her and then me, my husband, her husband, and my children.

So I'm thinking of going to Original House of Pancakes, which I really like.

But if you guys any suggestions for a great place for breakfast or lunch that won't break the bank, I would love to hear about it.

I'm looking for any place between Irvine and San Diego. My sis lives down there, and I don't want her to have to drive too far.

Views: 17

Replies to This Discussion

Kyung,

Have you heard of Haute Cakes in the NP Bch/Costa Mesa area? I believe they're on 17th street. Don't have their phone number but e-z enough to get. They have the BEST pancakes and bangers, fresh-sqzd OJ, indoor/outdoor casual dining, and they even welcome pets:)

Happy Mother's Day!
Hi Kyung,

Thought of another place. How about Marie Callendar's? They have a Sunday brunch with champagne from 9 to 2 and it's $14.95 for adults. They have a location at 15363 Culver Drive in Irvine. You may need to make rezzies: 949-552-2101.
Another place you may want to check out is Mimi's Cafe, and they have locations all over.

Good luck!
Hi Kyung --

To prevent Uncle Sam from eating you alive, I would like to recommend my CPA - Phil Liberatore. He has saved me lots over the years. He will review your already filed taxes (at no charge, I believe...if he refiles, there may be charge) to see if he can get you some $$$ back. I did this when I first went to him, and he was able to get me back some $$$ for three years back! He is a little high in price than most people are used to paying, but the return is worth it. Here is his info: www.liberatorecpa.com

Good luck!!! --- be sure to tell him I referred you -- Dawn Davila-Villavicencio
I vote for the Marie Calendars brunch.

there;s a banquet of food, and desserts, pancakes, waffles, and lunch items.
you do need to make reservations, but their times are semi-flexible.
great food for the price!!
kathy
Marie Callendar's sound great. Thanks for the referral.

FYI for anyone interested. Their Mother's Day Brunch is $21.99. They don't take reservations for holidays,. It's show up and mill about.
wwow!! their prices have gone up!
it was $14 or $16 the last time I went.
but that was several years ago.
but i had baked ham and yams, and
turkey and cranberry sauce, and
waffles with strawberrys and whipped cream,
and fruit salad, and pie and ice cream
and -- well, it took us two hours to eat!!
yummmmmmy
kathy
They might be jackin' up the prices for Mother's Day. That's why we're just going to go to Original House of Pancakes. They don't do brunch, so it's just the regular milling about and the regular menu. Still pretty good.
It's got to be the Mother's Day jack-up price because brunch is $14.95 on their website.
Enjoy your pancakes. Blueberry's my fave :)
I love the Original Pancake House. Are you talking about the one in Redondo Beach?
I'm talking about the one in Laguna Niguel. I've been to the one in Redondo Beach. They have great corned beef hash. I've tried the one over in Anaheim also. The corned beef hash and potato pancakes are better at Redondo and Laguna Niguel. Each one is slightly different.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service