Hi all Eclipse users.
Recently I purchased a new laptop with Vista. It has now taken me six hours with three different techs at Eclipse to get the audio up and running. If you have encountered the same problem and are working on it, Eclipse records under the "digital" mic recording regardless of whether you are using a digital mic. Go figure. So if anyone encounters this issue, I hope this helps you avoid numerouse hours on the phone.

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I honestly recommend installing XP on your laptop, its not Vistas fault, its Eclipse and other reporting software that chose not to invest in the future "yet".
they figured most of us will stay on XP for at least 2-3 more years, sadly some of us jumped the ship already and are now suffering.
Do you have your old windows xp CD from the previous computer? if not ask your friends.. I am sure you know someone that has Windows XP CD at home. If you find it install it on your new laptop and shelf the Vista CD for 2-3 years.

I Personally use a MAC and occasionally Windows XP that is running on the Mac.

I know its not an answer to the question you asked but I figured I tell you my opinion.. lol.
actually everything has been worked out and the audio is now working. If I have any other problems I will go back to XP. I have XP on my desktop and no probs there. Believe me, I thought about putting the XP on the new laptop but wanted to try to work it out. If another problems pops up I for sure will migrate back.
Cool.. good luck, i hope you get none :)
I LOVE Gateway computers. I am on my fourth one with them.
Are you using the Total Eclipse or which?
Hi. I also recently purchased a laptop with Vista. But they told me off the bat that it would not work with Vista. So I went ahead and got on with the XP. I wonder why they didn't inform you.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service