I am looking for a connection in Beijing to provide court reporting services to the Beijing Organizing Committee of Olympic Games for committee meetings as well as press conferences for the upcoming summer games. It's roughly a 150-day assignment. If you know someone already living there, or willing to relocate for a bit, I'd like to speak to them. Sounds like an exciting opportunity to be part of a worldwide event. This is not a captioning assignment.
Thanks!
Eric Johnson, CSR, RPR
Depobook.com

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You should try sending this offer through our "international depos' over here http://www.csrnation.com/group/lastminutedeposinternationaldepos
We have 31 members that are willing to do over seas depos, not sre about 150 days though.. lol

good luck.
thanks
P.S; if i was a Reporter i would so it in a heart beat.
Have you tried...

Jodi Harmon, President
American Realtime Court Reporters/Japan
Thanks for the tip, Judy. I've sent them an inquiry. Further info on the job is that it includes airfare, lodging (which can run from 6-10,000 USD/month), and Visa expenses. Hard copy transcripts may not be required. Realtime is still being considered by the Committee. Fast turnaround will be the key, as these meetings and conferences will go day to day from now through the summer.
Hey,

If you need to send some people in for a couple of weeks as relief pitchers, I'd love to go.

I'm in California. I am Korean, so not so much of a culture clash I am thinking.
Thanks, Judy. Eric has contacted us, and I am awaiting further information.
Eric, do you know how many other companies are bidding for this job? I had an email that said they were looking "all over the planet" for someone to cover it and that they were considering a number of companies.
Michelle,
I don't know what other companies are bidding for it. My contact came directly from the person in charge of procuring stenographic services, though they did indicate that it is indeed a work in progress as far as choosing a vendor. They need to make a decision quickly, as the job starts soon and will be a lengthy one. I thought that I'd put it out on CSRNation to see what kind of input I could get from various freelancers/firms and their experience. Judy was right when she mentioned that Jodi Harmon would be a good person to contact. I have contacted her and this seems to be an event that she could handle no problem. Thanks again, Judy, for the recommendation.
Judy is right, Jodi is the person with most experience on that side of the globe.
Yeah, from everything I've ever read about Jodi, she's your gal. Glad it's going to work out for both of you.

Judy

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service