I'm looking for a computer and not sure what to get.  I've always had Dells, and I currently have one that is 2 years old with problems.  At this time, Dell is sending a tech out to give me a rebuilt hard drive.  I'm not happy.  So does anyone have any computer suggestions?  I'm currently on Case Catalyst.

Views: 323

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Janiece,

Yes, I did get it up and running and I have  taken two small jobs on it.  The audio sounds okay as long as I use earphones so I think all is good.  Thanks for asking. 

If the audio isn't loud enough I use a Boostaroo amplifier (you can get them at Radioshack) to boost the audio.  Works great.
I will check into that.  Thanks.

Boy, I spoke too soon.   Yesterday when I turned on my laptop the screen was completely black.  Could not see a thing.  I turned it off and then turned it back on and it worked.  Did the same thing when I went to my depo.   It has been three years, so may be time for a new one. 

I so hate having to set up a new laptop.  My husband suggested I buy one and set it up when I have time instead of when this one crashes for good and I have nothing to fall back on.  He is probably right.

Kelli,

This is what was happening to my Dell computer that is 2 years old, but it would say hard drive can't be found.  What the heck is going on with these computers?  I just bought a Sony and only use it for depos and editing.  I hope I can get more than two years out of this one.  My Dell has to have the hard drive rebuilt.   Good luck.  It is a pain.   

No light on Kelli's laptop.  I've been there.

I think what you need is the light replaced inside the computer.    How to be SURE is to connect a monitor to your laptop.  If it works with the monitor attached, that's an easy fix.  Take it to Best Buy of a computer store.  They should know what I mean.  Better do it fast though.

Kelli,

When mine start doing stuff like that I replace them, especially since computers are so cheap now.  You should be able to take your old and new computers to a computer place and have all the stuff from the old one cabled over to the new computer as long as you don't wait until the old hard drive goes out.

Really?  Can they do that?  The problem is I just can't be without this computer.   I just went to Best Buy and bought a new Toshiba for 770.00 with tax.  Not too bad.   What a pain, though.
Yes, they can move it ALL over.
Well, I just went to the computer place down the street and he told me he cannot move the programs but can move the files.  I don't care about the files.  I want the programs and drivers moved over.  That's what takes so long to install.  Can't be done he said.

Kelli,

I know you are on Eclipse and I'm on CC.  We can copy our system file over from one computer to another and that moves dictionaries and settings templates.  I'm sure Eclipse can do the same thing.  I don't know what it's called but I'm sure Marla would know.  I'm sure if CC Eclipse has it b/c Eclipse usually comes out with stuff first.  You shouldn't have to move all of that stuff manually.

And I'm sorry I wasn't clear, that's what I meant, exactly what your computer guy said, they can copy the files.  I didn't mean to mislead you.  :-(

Copying the files is easy.  It's loading all the programs and all the drivers that is the pain in the butt, at least for me.  I dread doing it.   It's no big deal; I was hoping you were right.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service