Found a computer that has good audio for a great price

Hey, everyone,

I just bought a new computer that has really good audio.  It is a Samsung Model Code:  NP300V5A-AOKUS.  Here is a link to the model I bought.  
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0387855

I got it at Microcenter.  It was only $529.  It has 3 USB ports.  It has a separate jack for a microphone and a separate jack for headphones.  It is very lightweight.  

I have tested the audio at home.  Another reporter turned me on to it.  He had gone through several computers trying to find one that worked.  

I was going to use this as my backup computer but I may use it as my main computer.  I'm trying it out on a depo tomorrow.

Microcenter has 12 months financing with no interest.  

Just thought I would pass it along.

Janiece

Views: 1106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I set up my writer and tried out a realtime job.   The audio sounds great.  I am thrilled with this computer.  Thanks again, Janiece, for the recommendation.  Great price and great computer!!

Hey, Kelli,

I'm so glad to hear you like the computer.  You know how when you tell people about something you like, you hope they have a positive experience too.  Yea!!!  Glad it worked out for you.

Well, I haven't taken it on a job or anything.  Sure sounded good here at home.  Of course, you're in the same boat as me; you haven't taken your computer out in the field either.  I just need to make sure the wireless realtime works next.  Haven't checked that out yet.  

I may take it out one day this week.  The job I'm on now is pretty intense.  Don't know that I want to risk it with a new computer.  May wait till I have an easy job just for the first one.  It has something like 400 Gb too.  That's pretty big.

Hey, Janiece -

I'm taking your computer out for the first time today on my job.  It's not realtime or anything and should only go about an hour, so I thought it would be a great time to give it a spin.  I'll let you know how it goes.  I'm always nervous the first time I take out a new computer.

Chris, this is the computer I bought on Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0056EY7JA/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00

Also, I'm having trouble getting used to the keyboard because it has all these extra numbers, like a calculator, over to the right side that I'm not used to; my fingers keep going to the wrong place because it moves everything over.

Chris, I will say that I set this computer up, including wireless realtime, in about 30 minutes.  It worked great the first time I took it out and used it.  Today will be my fourth day using it.  I just need to get used to the keyboard, that's all.  Just a lot different and I didn't notice that part when I bought it.

With my Toshiba that I bought over a year ago, it actually took me seven months to get all the bugs out of that computer to where it's working the way I want it to right now.

Here is the post, Kerry.

Janiece, what kind of high gain mic are you using?  I just tried out the Samson Go-Mic and it's really tiny.  USB mic.  Has a really nice audio quality.  But when I tested it against the Martel,
the Martel is just as good quality and comes out louder.  There is a limit to the volume of the Go-Mic.  It's not bad, definitely useable, but not as loud.  And it's not my Windows settings that's making the difference. 

That mic Kelli got on Amazon for $75, a USB omni mic, is still available, but not through the company that made it.  So I wonder why they are not making it anymore?  I'm still on a search for a mic as good or better than the Martel.  And I know some of it depends on your sound card and laptop quality.  I have heard mixed reviews about how much external sound cards really help.

Anyone found anything great recently?

I wish there was something better out there.   I haven't found anything better than the Martel.  I would like a setup in case I ever get in the hearing from hell.   I just had a colleague who has gone through three days of a very technical hearing where she could not hear well and her recording was terrible.   It would be nice to have a setup for a big room.   And even have an amplifier that works well.

Hi, Kerry,

I use the Marte hi-gain mic that costs around $150.  I find it has excellent recording ability.  I personally have never found a better quality mic.  I do make a separate backup with a Marantz digital recorder.  If the room is huge or there is a very soft talker, sometimes I have to spot check the digital recording in one or two spots.

Janiece,

I know the Martel is the best so far, but I hate being tied to just them.  Just curious, does the

Marantz recorder pick up better than the Martel?  Wonder if there's a way to connect that to the

laptop.

Yes, the Marantz recorder has the best audio I have ever heard.  It is excellent.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service