As you all know, we have to look professional when we go to work.  I love to dress up.  I bet I spend close to 12,000 a year on clothes alone.  My husband has no clue - have my own credit card that he doesn't see.  I pride myself on looking the best I can possibly look on my jobs.  I feel I get a lot more respect when I look sharp.  I can really tell a difference.

Anyways, I found this website called Modcloth that is just really great.  I am posting two URLs of two dresses I just bought there this weekend.  I'm hoping the rest of you will like the clothes as much as I do. I am a huge polka dot fan and would have everything in polka dots if I could.  Anyways, here are two dresses I got.  There are many, many more here. 

What I like about the website on reviews is people put what their bust size is and waist and hips and then a comment.  That helps me decide which ones to read because I'm a size 6 with D sized chest and a lot of times clothes don't always look that great if you have a large chest.  I have to be very careful.  It helps to know what size someone is when reviewing what they have to say about an outfit.  They also post pictures of themselves in the outfit, which is very cool.

Let me know what you think.

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/american-glamstand-dress

Views: 3309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here are two of what I bought. They must've sold out of the dresses, 'cause I don't see them anymore. They were all on sale, so yay! :)

W/a tight black sweater/top w/black blazer. I love animal print.

W/a black skirt/slacks and black blazer. Lose the blazer for a day-to-evening look.

I've been trying to buy more fun clothes for work, yet professional and not trashy. I keep the hemline at the knees or slightly below. I've bought dresses that were slightly above the knee, but they rode up mid-thigh when I sat down, and I didn't think that looked very professional/appropriate, so I had to drape a sweater/coat over my lap at work. :(

Yeah, you'd definitely need to keep the blazer on for that top.  Very cute top and you're right, versatile for going out after work.  Very cute.  Did you get both of these at the Black and White store?

That's the problem with the Boston Proper dress above; even though it's cute, the hemline is above the knee and it rides up like you say.  I know because I bought another one of their dresses that I only wore once to work for that reason.

Yes, I got both at WHBM.

I think we have the same style, love it!  I have a cute gray/black animal print top that looks cute with a black skirt and blazer.  I also wear the long sweater type drapes for some dresses I have, and I also put it over my lap, haha.  I wish I could wear strapless shirts, but I can't because of the boobs, lol.  Very nice clothes!

Well, I totally understand.  I'm 47 and run and work out and eat right all the time and it's still a struggle.  I could stand to lose another 10 pounds.  It does seem to get a lot more difficult when you get older.  My husband lost 15 pounds on MY DIET and now he's doing more cardio at the gym to get ready for hicking Machu Picchu and he's still losing weight.  I'm doing the same things as he does but don't lose any weight at all.  It's very frustrating. 

The crazy thing was he didn't need to lose any weight to begin with.  He looked great.  Wish I had that problem.  I guess men are just built differently than we are.

Here is my absolutely favorite dress.  It's 15 years old and I never wear it.  It's a tad bit snug, but gotta love the black/white.

Very cute! It doesn't "look" snug, though.

LOVE THIS DRESS!  Kelli, it doesn't look too snug, it looks beautiful on you! 

Right around my rib cage it's snug.  Not sure what that's all about.  Don't remember it being like that in the past.  Think I'm getting thick there.  LOL!

Well, I think it's looks beautiful on you!  So classy looking!  Love it!  You can't tell it's snug at all. 

For work if you add the sweater.

Love the pearls. The color is very fresh, perfect for spring.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service