I was just curious how many of you get massage therapy regularly?  My neck and shoulders are killing me.  I go every once in a while, but I think I may need to do it more regularly. 

Boy, this job is tough on the body, that's for sure!!

Views: 449

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amen, Mary Ann!!  I'm with you 100% on your philosophy.  I've been bruised before by a massage therapist and I loved every minute of it.  Keep it coming!!

YES!!! Definite yes.  After several car accidents I had a LOT of physical therapy (weights, ultra sound, and massage).  Massage therapy makes the difference between night and day. 

Look for a massage school in your area.  You can get a one hour massage for like $30.00 - and by law there is no tipping.

Also, use moisture eye drops every night on your eyes. 

Might as well by a back massager for a ten minute quick every night too (I do).  i bought one of the Homedit (?) ones' for $100 some years ago.  I bought one at Goodwill for $5.00 also.  If you have a hubby, let him do it.

I have a hubby but don't really see him doing a very good job.  He'd do more of a "fluffy" massage.  I just know him.  LOL

I'm more consistent with massages than I used to be, maybe because I found a really great masseuse.  She is comparable to the physical therapist in the sense that she can do some tractioning and deep muscle work that will eliminate spasming.  She also uses the hot rocks which feel amazing on knotted muscles.  I mostly just stick with upper body for my hour because it seems like any problems I have always stem from tightness in the neck/upper back/shoulders and down my arms.  It seems if I keep the tension out of those areas I don't have problems.

You know what, I got a great massage on Saturday and I have not had pain for the last two days.  I am going to stick with it.  I think this may really help.  I have the same pain you do, Alice, upper neck, shoulders, down my arms. 

I like the deep tissue massage.  I think it literally gets the blood flowing better and improves circulation.  When I am turning a lot of pages I try to go every two weeks.

What do you tip a massage therapist?  My bill was $70 for an hour and I gave her $30 tip.  I'm thinking that may have been too much.  She didn't complain, though.

I'm in the midwest.  I always got 1/2 hour massages.  She charged me $50 and I think I tipped her $5.  I hope I wasn't being cheap.  I think sometimes I would tip her $10.

She is the owner so she keeps it all.

This lady is just a one-person operation.  I actually found her on Yelp of all places.  She had great feedback from people.  I thought people only posted negative stuff there.  I think next time I'll tip her $15 instead.  That's probably more practical.  sometimes I get carried away.  My nail lady loves me because I tip so much.  I just was a waitress for so many years putting myself through court reporting school, so I try to give back and be conscious about that stuff.

I think $15-20 is adequate.  I lived with a massage therapist for a long time.  It really helps.  Kelli, does she come to your home?  If you can find someone who does, it's worth the extra money because you don't have to drive home afterwards.  You can just relax and go to bed if it's in the evening.  Always make sure to drink a lot of water afterwards to get rid of the lactic acid buildup!

She actually has her office about a five minute walk from my house, which is nice.  Yes, she will come to my house but I have six pets running around and it would be a bit distracting I think.  Also, I'd have to clean the house every time she's coming over.  Don't want to have to do that.  LOL

I've decided to go once a week for a little while.   I saw her again today because I have a super tough job for the next six days.  I'm going to feel totally beat up after this job; lots of argument and 350 pages a day.  Good job, though.

Wow, 350 a day for six days is going to be hard.  Good for you for taking care of yourself.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service