I am thinking about purchasing a Revolution Grand steno machine (made by the Neutrino Group out of Denver, CO. ) I have it right now and am tryng it out. I kind of like it. Can anyone give me any comments, pro or con, to buying this machine?

Thanks,
Tracy

Views: 479

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Neat that you tried it! I'm happy w/my color tho. No plans to change unless I can't get a gold car to continue matching it, lol. I got a new carry case in FL this summer and it is Gold/Tan. I look SO spiffy on jobs now.
I love my Lexus Matador Mica Red! (Sorry, Jason)
EEEEEEEEE! I'm so happy for you!

Veronica
Wow! I'm new to CSRNation as of today (thank you, Mark), and I swooped in and found this Gemini thread right away. Coincidentally I just ordered a Revolution Grand last week, so reading all these posts are making me very excited to get my own beautiful Mica Red :-). I have a question for those of you who transitioned from a Mira to the Rev. It's my understanding the vowel keys sit lower than the Mira's vowel keys, but that you can ask them to raise your vowel keys so they're level with the rest of the keys. That seems a little drastic, but maybe it would be easy to get used to if you don't use a tilting tripod like I do with the Mira. Any thoughts on that?

I plan to call Jason soon (unless he answers here -- HI JASON) to inquire about this, but thought I'd poll a few people. Thanks, everybody!!
Welcome to the Gemini world! :) Congrats! Will let Jason answer the key question.
Hey Annette Nice to see another user here.

The vowel keys sit roughly at the same height but they are .25inch longer to help with thumb restriction.

I personally am seeing that more people prefer the raised vowel keys over the lower ones. I have always felt this would be a better position but with all the difference the Revolution Grand already encompasses I felt that it would just be too much for some. However I am re-thinking that after we added the to Heathers machine we have tried them all over the place and most people by a large margin prefer them, and most of them never notice the difference until I point it out.

So if your on the fence I would go for it.

Jason
Thanks for the quick reply, Jason. I've hopped off the fence on the side of the raised vowel keys. I will send you an email to make it official, assuming it's not too late to have that added to my order from last week.

Thanks again!

Annette
A quick note regarding the raised/elongated (whatever it actually is) vowel keys: Since your wrist is straight as opposed to canted laterally to the outside, you aren't stretching your thumb ligaments to reach forward or down to press the keys which, in turn, eliminates the stress to reach farther down or forward to hit the vowel keys. That in and of itself may negate the need to raise/elongate the vowel keys. But if you have smaller hands and shorter digits, you may find a benefit with the adjusted keys. I personally find I don't need to have the altered keys. As Jason said, many people find this helpful. It's just nice to have that option.

Veronica
Annette,
I think you'll love the raised vowels. Like Jason said, when I have people try it, they don't even notice it until I point it out. And it's not like raising them up on a regular machine since the vowels on the Grand are longer already, so it raises the up without making you squish your trumbs up to reach them. Really, I can't say enough how great it is. And welcome to CSRnation! Glad to have another Gemini user!

Heather
Thank you Veronica and Heather. It's nice to get varying opinions. I do have freakishly short thumbs, so maybe that's reason enough to try the raised vowels. Thanks, also, for the words of welcome to CSRnation!
Hey,
Is this our very own Tracy from SD? I'm interested in the Grand too. Just contacted Jason about the rental program.
Lisa
Yep, it's Tracy Binder from SD. I just ordered my Revolution Grand last Friday. I'm excited to get it!!!! Jason told me you signed up for the loaner machine. It takes a bit of getting used to, but I ended up loving it. I used it for three very long days in court, and while my brain was exhausted, my body was not. I wasn't stiff and sore like I usually am at the end of a long day. I was amazed!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service