I am thinking about purchasing a Revolution Grand steno machine (made by the Neutrino Group out of Denver, CO. ) I have it right now and am tryng it out. I kind of like it. Can anyone give me any comments, pro or con, to buying this machine?

Thanks,
Tracy

Views: 479

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am going to order it pronto. I played on it at a convention in Texas. Does anyone have any suggestions about what to definitely "add on" or things you got and paid for that you could probably do without? I'm used to taking my laptop and having internet access all day and so I want to get every feature they offer that I will actually use and already use now with my other equipment.
And I'm leaning towards the Lexus red, too! Love it.
I'm not sure if you're talking about the customization stuff that Jason does, like the extra keys or raised vowels, etc., but I don't think he charges for any of that. The only real "option" I think there is is the UMPC. Read back a couple pages about that. You can technically use it without the UMPC and just run the Steno Sync software on your laptop to create your backup or you can use the UMPC to have a stand-alone backup. And if you use keypads now, stick them on first thing! Any new machine is soooo weird without the pads if you're used to them.

I highly recommend the raised vowel keys. More on that in a thread titled "Gemini Grand first (and second) impressions."

The basic bag that comes with it is too small to be useful. So if you think you might want a bag you might want to check out the deluxe one.. not sure how much it fits but worth looking at.

BTW, you won't regret it. I LOVE my Grand!

Heather
I agree w/Heather on the raised vowels, although I think Jason did mention he may make that 'standard'. I still have mine the old way, but if I ever send it in for something I will probably change them then. I use leather keypads myself, Heather! LOVE them!!! I use the small bag that came w/it for my laptop now. Have since had two bags...my current is a small luggage bag (w/a matching purse, lol) that I got this summer. I put the shipping foam from the Gemini box in the luggage for travel, as I don't need the space for anything else. ;)

I'm a Gemini lover for years!!! LOVE the Grand!
Rho
Are there any other captioners on here who made the transition from a standard writer to the Gemini? I have a couple questions for you, if you don't mind :-D

Annette

RSS

Latest Activity

Bridget Mattos & Associates commented on Janet's page Transcription
11 hours ago
Brenda Burghardt and Debbie Benson are now friends
13 hours ago
Debbie Benson posted a status
"Brenda are you needing coverage in Sacramento for realtime/rough draft job?"
13 hours ago
Brenda Burghardt joined Kelli Combs (admin)'s group
14 hours ago
Kelli Combs (admin) left a comment for Brenda Burghardt
yesterday
Brenda Burghardt left a comment for Kelli Combs (admin)
yesterday
Chrystal Mahan updated their profile
yesterday
Brenda Burghardt posted a status
"Hi! Is there a limit as to how many groups one can join?"
Saturday
Susan Leland commented on Janet's page Scopists
Friday
Brenda Burghardt joined Kelli Combs (admin)'s group
Friday
Profile IconBrenda Burghardt and Cindy Bowden, RDR, RMR, CSR joined Vance Jarvis's group
Friday
Brenda Burghardt updated their profile
Friday

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service