I've been running into this more and more.

I take a job, 0&2.   The agency I took the job for sometimes will send out the copy COD depending on who the copy law firm is, sole proprietor, slow or bad pay firm.   So then I don't get paid on the copy if the agency doesn't get paid by the copy attorney.  I mean I don't blame the agency, check this out first if they are concerned.  But I seem to be running into this more and more.  And the copy attorney signed an order form and is taking care of signature for the witness.

Views: 766

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sometimes the judges will, though.  Hope everything works out in your favor!

After reading all the comments on this discussion, it is starting to sound to me like we reporters are going to have to start asking for deposits on transcripts/depositions up front.  i know this won't be a popular idea, and attys will balk at paying a 'deposit' but it sounds like there are a lot of attys and law firms that are not paying.  how is a person supposed to make a living like this??

Law firms?  Lawyers?  I've rarely had trouble there. -_-

This is what we do in our company.  If the copy order attorney really wants his transcript, the bill will be paid first.  After the check has been deposited, then we send him the transcript.  If the witness wants to read and sign the transcript and the attorney doesn't want a copy, then I send a letter to the witness instructing them to contact me to make arrangements to come into the office and review the transcript.  Not once in the 15 years that I've been doing this have I had a witness come in and review the transcript.

I agree with your policy!

I like it.

here at court, the law firm sends the check

THEN i prepare the transcript

sometimes they pass in the mail, but i get paid that way...

So, Ginger, are you saying that, when you send the letter for the R & S, that then the attys decide to buy the copy?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service