The following comes from a popular website listing signs of codependent people:
- Feel most comfortable when they are giving
- Find needy people to take care of
- Try to please others instead of themselves
- Have an overdeveloped sense of responsibility
- Try to be all things to all people all the time
- Have difficulty saying "no" and/or setting boundaries
- Feel empty and bored when they are not involved in a crisis
- Seek out chaos and then complain about it
- Tend to have a self-esteem that is connected to "doing"
- Are afraid of making mistakes
- Try to be perfect, and expect others to be perfect
- Have self-blame and put themselves down
- Must be in control at all times
Hits a little close to home, don't it?