I am a court reporting student located in Oceanside, California. I need to interview an official court reporter for an assignment and cannot find one anywhere in this area. I know that they're many around, but I'm new to this area...just moved here from New York and have had trouble finding one. If you know where or how I could contact one. Or if you are one...can I interview you? Even if you are not from this area...I am allowed to interview you over the phone or email. Again, I am not looking for freelance reporters, I already have an interview set up. I need a reporter who is offical and working in the court system! Thanks :)

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kaleigh
I'm located where you just left. I'm in NYS. More accurately, in the mid-Hudson Valley, residence in Poughkeepsie; officialship in Rockland County (New City) Family Court. If you're permitted to do the interview by email, I'll give it a try.
Yes I can! Thank you so much :) How would you like to do this?
Just ask questions and I'll do my best to answer without getting on a soapbox, without preaching, etc.
How long have you worked in this profession?
I've been an official almost from the beginning. I freelanced out of school for a few months, then got offered an officialship. That was in 1969. I'll be retiring in September as an official, but plan on doing some freelance work just, mostly, to keep busy.
Please describe your profession.
Alright, I'm going to list the questions that my teacher listed for us to ask, that way it will be easier for you to respond rather than asking you question by question. Then after that I will ask you any additional questions that I have :) Thank you so much for your help!!

1. What is your name and profession
2. How long have you worked in this capacity
3. Please describe your professon
4. What is the average salary for someone in your profession
5. What are some good points of your profession
6. What are some bad points of your profession
7. Do you have any advice or words of wisdom for a student entering the profession
Kaleigh,

I've got another site for you: www.depoman.com. There's a gal over there by the name of Jill that's a captioner. She's also very nice and will probably help you. There's also a gal by the name of Hannah that does CART work, also very nic.

Good luck.

Judy
Thank you for your help :)
There's also a gal over there who's not so nice named Tami who does court work who lives about 45 minutes away from you who could try her best to be nice. :)

Hi, Judy!!

Clay passed his two legs with 20 errors. I think he should have typed the third leg. How'd you do??
Lol, thank you! But as of right now I'm just looking for someone in closed captioning or someone who offers CART services :) but my internship is coming up soon and I need to intern with somebody!!!!
Oh, Kaleigh, Tami would be a GREAT choice to sit with. Her son is getting ready to take the CSR and Tami tutored him in the beginning, and sounds like he's tutoring her in the end! So sounds like she's done a great job mentoring a student.

Judy

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service