Hi everyone,

I've made the difficult decision to go back to school, after having received my state license as a voice writer. I can't find any work around here, so I thought it would be wise for me to pursue steno again, after the first stenotype school I attended closed at the end of April '06. After all, I didn't do badly at steno at all and was up to 80 wpm when the school closed without notice. I've already done a 160 wpm take that didn't go too well, and I've also practiced to the television.

I am very seriously considering going to simply steno, have read the testimonials, and love what I've seen of the program so far. The only thing holding me back is finances, since I only make $600/month on social security. If the state doesn't agree to assist me, I don't know what I'll do. :( Mark is very helpful and always encourages students. I only wish I had gone to simply steno sooner.

I'm very interested in having some contacts, some people that I could email or message with or talk to on the phone. I'm sure I'll need some support, and since I won't be going to a local school, the only way I know to get it is to reach out and email etc. Is anyone interested in being accountability partners or being my mentor? Like I said, I could use all the support I could get.

There's so much more I could write, but I'll end this for now. If anyone is interested in contacting me, could you please write to:
proudmom902@kc.rr.com
instead of replying to this message? I don't get in here very often.

Thanks a bunch!

Alma

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Did you ever start the SS program?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kelli Combs (admin).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service